Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Up Ohio 2011 Expo is coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Light Up Ohio 2011 Expo is coming!

The Light Up Ohio 2011 Christmas/Halloween Expo will be held on May 13th and 14th, in Columbus, Ohio. This is our 5th Annual Expo, and we are looking forward to a fun and educational event. We pride ourselves in helping beginners, as well as including some of the more advanced techniques in the presentations. This event is not just for Ohio residents, we are honored when people come from other states. Last year, we had 14 states, plus Canada, represented. We have a reputation of bringing new and innovative ideas to our hobby, and this year will be no different, with the addition of Halloween lighting ideas.
    Please mark your calendars’, and look for more on this at our website www.lightupohio.com.

Bill
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]ROPELIGHT RULES!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Light Up Ohio 2011 Expo is coming!

~Light-Up-Ohio Expo 2011~

Registration is now open!!!
    If you are planning on attending, go to www.lightupohio.com and click on the WebStore and follow the instructions.

~LUO Meet & Greet~
    The plans are still in the works and we expect to have them finalized soon. We will post the details as soon as they are ready.

If you are coming to LUO Expo 2011, and have a project that you want to share with everyone, and you "need table space" - Please contact me ASAP (for details), as we only have a limited number of tables to work with.

Questions... don't hesitate to ask

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill and JP cant wait to go this year it was a blast last year and I hope to have as much fun this year

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    Hi Bill and JP cant wait to go this year it was a blast last year and I hope to have as much fun this year

Dale
    Hi Dale,
    Can't wait to see you again. I think you will like the new format of LUO, it should be a fun couple of days. We are just wrapping up some of the plans, and will be releasing more info in the next week or so. Stay tuned and keep checking our website www.lightupohio.com.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

The Light Up Ohio Christmas/Halloween Expo is quickly approaching. We want to make 2011 the best year ever for the event. Since the attendees have made Light Up Ohio one of the most premier events of it’s kind, this is a tall order. We have been thinking a lot, and asking many questions on how we could improve on an already successful event. Well, thanks to many of the attendees, we have come up with some very exciting changes.
    This will be our first year to include Halloween lighting techniques in our presentations. A lot of the same technology, and lighting, you use in your Christmas displays can also be used in your Halloween displays, so they go hand in hand.
    We have put a lot of thought into the Meet & Greet, and have decided that although the restaurant atmosphere in the past has served its purpose, it just doesn’t accomplish our main goal. Our main goal of the Meet & Greet is to bring people together, with the same interests, and offer them a place to freely mingle and share ideas one on one. So this year we decided to have it at a private facility, have an old fashioned cookout, and make it easier for people to access others for a more productive experience.
    There will be a big change in the format of LUO. Instead of presentations all day long, we are going to try something different. Again, we are listening to the attendees, and will start out with the morning being filled with the most requested topics, as formal presentations. Then we will change it up in the afternoon. We will offer “Elformation Stations”. There will be numerous “Elformation Stations” set up, and you can pick and choose which ones you would like to visit. They will offer a wide array of subjects, and should answer a lot of your questions.
    All of the formal presentations have been set, but we still have some “Elformation Stations” open. If you want to give back to the community, let me or Jeff Phillips know what you have in mind for one of these sessions, and we will do our best to schedule you in.
    Can’t wait to see everybody at Light Up Ohio 2011, May 13-14.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

We are excited to release more information about the Light Up Ohio 2011 Christmas/Halloween Expo. It is a 3-day event with a Meet & Greet on Friday evening May 13th, the main event on May 14th and a breakfast get together, to chat, on May 15th.
    Here are some of the morning presentations we have confirmed so far:
    “An Ideal Website”
    “LED’s-How to Modify Typical Strings and Ropelight”
    “FM Transmitters and Antennas”
    “Intro to Aurora”
    Also, we will have “Elformation Stations” set up through out the building, and outside. You will be able to explore topics of your choice, and talk one on one to experts on these particular topics. Some of the “Elformation Stations” available will be Renard Station, Solder Station, Wireframe Design (actual hands on welding), Ropelight Repair, Blow Mold Restoration, “NEW” Snow Tubes, Firefli, Inflatable Animation, and many more.
    Along with all of this there will be lots of prizes, plenty of food, our one of a kind Light Up Ohio T-shirt, lots of sharing, and loads of fun. We also encourage you to bring your own projects to show others and to share your ideas. More to come.
    Registration is open “now” at www.lightupohio.com.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some of the things that I will have for show & Tell at LUO this year:

- A selection of built Renard boards, including Franks famous 24 port, SS series Renards, the new REN48LSD and even the original REN16 XMAS version !
    - Fully functional FM01 and maybe an FM02
    - My Wireframe sequence controller based on the SSRez
    - And lots of LEDs since I'll be giving a talk on how to modify LED strings. (Plus some LED flood boards)
    Last edited by ukewarrior; 03-12-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks exciting David. I can't wait to see your setup.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here is the Hotel info for LUO 2011...

~The host hotel for LUO 2011~

Comfort Suites - Columbus
    5547 Keim Circle
    Columbus, OH 43228
    614-870-7658

The Group Rate is

$73.95/night

(Check In May 13th - Check Out May 15th)

When making your resevations, specify that you are with the "Light-Up-Ohio" group.

The room block is under my name - Jeff Phillips.

Deadline for reservations is May 6th, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Here the Do It YourSelf Story and get a chance to win a fabulous prize !

This year, during the LUO afternoon, I will be doing an in-depth explanation (elformation station) of the most popular Do It Yourself Christmas Lighting Controller which is typically known as: Renard.

If you take the time to hear and learn about the Renard, you will be entered into a mini-Raffle that I will be holding. The winner will receive a full kit to build their own Renard Controller ! Your raffle ticket is FREE, you simply need to stop and listen.

This kit will include:

- A Blank Renard Printed Circuit Board

- All of the parts to populate the Circuit Board

- An enclosure to house your new fancy Renard Controller

- A temperature controlled Soldering Station that you can use to build your new controller

- Links to the assembly instructions.

All-in-all, a value of over $100 with tons of free support at: www.doityourselfchristmas.com

So, be sure to save yourself some time Saturday afternoon to hear all about the Renard. This will take about 20 mintues and I will be giving the info multiple times.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast