View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a PropController Group Buy?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm in

34 58.62%
  • No, not my style

5 8.62%
  • No, I don't think I can solder the SMT parts

2 3.45%
  • Yes, if the SMT parts were pre-soldered

17 29.31%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: PropController Group Buy Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PropController Group Buy Poll

Quote Originally Posted by pmscientist View Post
    A couple parts questions. I noticed that the PropController BOM specifies 100V for the 0.1 and 0.01uf caps (C4,9,13,14 and 8). Is 100V necessary or are caps rated for 50V ok? For the 47uf caps (C2 and 3), the BOM specifies ceramic caps, which get a bit pricey at that capacity. The schematic shows electrolytic caps, which I what I typically use in those spots. Do you see any problems using 47uf/16V electrolytic caps instead?
    I'm sure using a 50v cap is ok, that's what I'm doing, as for the ceramic vs electrolyte, wait for Ben
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PropController Group Buy Poll

Quote Originally Posted by pmscientist View Post
    A couple parts questions. I noticed that the PropController BOM specifies 100V for the 0.1 and 0.01uf caps (C4,9,13,14 and 8). Is 100V necessary or are caps rated for 50V ok? For the 47uf caps (C2 and 3), the BOM specifies ceramic caps, which get a bit pricey at that capacity. The schematic shows electrolytic caps, which I what I typically use in those spots. Do you see any problems using 47uf/16V electrolytic caps instead?
    The BOM just contains what I choose at the time, both of the subs you suggested should be fine.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213