Thread: brightness of ledtriks

Post Thanks / Like

Default brightness of ledtriks

I have noticed with my ledtriks panel that during the daylight hours it is not visable. What are used on the big signs you see at banks and such that make them visable during daylight? Are they much bigger LED's or what?

Post Thanks / Like

They are much brighter leds. The ledtriks leds are about 1400 mcd, I believe. I have some 150,000 mcd leds and they are bright, super bright. They are 10 mm in size, would not fit the pegboard and cost alot more too. You could search around for some brighter leds that fit into the pegboard holes to try and make it visible in the daylight.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

ummm, I dont think I want to go through that again. I will stick to the screen I have. I was thinking about doing a second screen and I have the LED's for it, but I don't think I want to do that again for a while. I was just curious. I won't need it in the daytime anyway.
    Running Vixen 2.0.9 with 4 Olsen 595's with Renard-C's on an AMD Athlon 1.25GHZ with 512MB Ram with Windows XP Home.

Post Thanks / Like

It may help to make a deeper enclosure to provide more darkness and paint the interior sides matte black. But this would probably also limit the viewing angle.