Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for Future Development

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice for Future Development

I would like to see a plug-in with the ability to test the channels with an Android. A simple check box for every channel would suffice. An IP address and port of computer running Vixen would be all that is needed for input. The plug-in could even connect to a web service and the testing app could be a web application. I do love the public interaction of your app. I would be willing to develop the testing app if you are not interested. Could help me get started with a simple input plug-in. The details of input plug-ins are not easily found. Do you know where I can find documentation or example of input plug-in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
    I would like to see a plug-in with the ability to test the channels with an Android. A simple check box for every channel would suffice. An IP address and port of computer running Vixen would be all that is needed for input. The plug-in could even connect to a web service and the testing app could be a web application. I do love the public interaction of your app. I would be willing to develop the testing app if you are not interested. Could help me get started with a simple input plug-in. The details of input plug-ins are not easily found. Do you know where I can find documentation or example of input plug-in.
    There's some source code around somewhere. Use the google search to search for "Vixen Plugin Source code" That's a more advanced plugin you are looking for because it requires a some in-between code.

There's also a Vixen Server that can process commands from another application/server. I never got it working, but many people have. You could setup a little Web-page for the control. There's a guy on here that had a webcam and site that allowed you to start sequences and turn channels on and off on his demo display.

If you are just looking for a simple testing tool. I used my IPOD Touch/iPad to run test. I did it via a VNC Iphone app that allowed me to remote to my show computer. Very easy on the iPad, a little tougher on the Ipod Touch with the smaller screen. But in both cases its very useful and literally a 10 minutes setup.
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Something that I found myself wanting was contact info. There was another show near my house, but it was never on when I went by. The house was usually dark, so I didn't want to knock. If email info could be included, I could have made a contact within the diy community. Obviously, not everyone will want info out there, so an opt out could be offered, or just a generic "contact us" link with hidden email address.

Other than that, I think I looked at every listing on my phone, even if not in person... Thanks for your dedication to this.

Bruce
    Last edited by boyelroy11; 02-02-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: poor wording

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All

I do still plan on working on this, kinda distracted with another project and the rest of life right now. There is sample code out there, and i could send ya some, but it might be worth waiting for Vixen 3.0. If i do make this I will build a test app right into it.

Thanks for the contact idea, thats a good thought. Will have to find a way to keep the email address secret though.
    [B]Boucher Family Lights
    [URL="http://pachristmas.com"]http://pachristmas.com[/URL][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lboucher View Post
    Hi All

I do still plan on working on this, kinda distracted with another project and the rest of life right now. There is sample code out there, and i could send ya some, but it might be worth waiting for Vixen 3.0. If i do make this I will build a test app right into it.

Thanks for the contact idea, thats a good thought. Will have to find a way to keep the email address secret though.
    v3.0 is only in the concept stages, not sure when it will release. I would suggest you get this going on the current version of Vixen and port it if necessary later.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this article in a trade rag I get every week... thought it was interesting since it focused on Android and we have some development going on with it...

http://www.crn.com/news/applications...e-business.htm

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12