Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stocks of LIghts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stocks of LIghts

Noticed the the same thing with bunnings, 0 stock of anything usefull by the 2nd weekend of December. BigW apparently has run out of all LED lights.

This time last year BigW still had quite a few bits and pieces, managed to get 8 blue and 1 red, white, green.

I reckon they deliberately under ordered stock. Or a combo of that and people jumping at "power saving LED Technology"

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that some of the suppliers still have stock of those 100-led Solar versions (which I have seen work pretty good - just much more expensive for some reason. I'm not quite desperate enough to just cut the solar/battery off)
    (I'd been aiming that direction as my orginal lighting goal anyway!)

Maybe its a "green push" (less A/C - more solar) or maybe they get a better buy-break to stock the solar?! who knows..
    nice to know that I stand not alone!

I forsee a new project coming up:
    Solar-Powered/low-voltage-draw/dimmable/DC/Wireless/SSR ==== "wSSRoz" ? :D
    Sounds right up wJohn's expertiese!

wjohn, wjohn - whereforartthou Wjohn!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's abit of a hit and miss with those solar lights. My mother buys alot of them to light her large garden and alot of them fail after a month or two. Maybe its because they sits outside in the weather (though designed to) all the time. The LED's rust or somehow water gets inside and corrodes the PCB. Or the batteries die. Or just crap build quality.

But it would defiantly make your display "low power and efficient"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aususer View Post
    Hey everyone...

Just thought I woudl start a thread to see if anyone else had noticed the slim pickings of lights 2 weeks out from Christmas.. .
    Yep, I noticed the same thing up in Brisbane, particually with the BigW stock; although kmart wasn't much better. Local bunnings did run out too, but they have appeared to have restocked a little.
    FB "BradsXmasLights"

Post Thanks / Like

So I went out to check all the displays entered into our local Christmas Lights comp (also wanted to see what competition I was up against). New Entry's are appalling, All 3 of the "big" displays weren't running by the time I got to them -> lighting and thunder put them off..

Sort of wondering where the hell all the lights went lol.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, same here as well
    there are 2 "light shows" that everyone is talking about around here.

went to see them both last night.
    OMG. can you believe that?

plug n play like from LOWES or something.
    no dimming, no programming, just basically a color engine (it pulses through the channels to the beat of the music)
    it was pitiful
    they were both like that.

one had more lights than i did, but you could tell there was no "originality" to their show.
    huge disappointments
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

good ole BIG W here in the highlands has heaps, now with 30% off they have Blue and Blue and Blue and blue and a multi coulered and Blue and Blue No greens or reds JUST LOTS OF BLUE, nuf said Merry christmas to you all mumble mumble #### blue :mad::mad:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
    good ole BIG W here in the highlands has heaps, now with 30% off they have Blue and Blue and Blue and blue and a multi coulered and Blue and Blue No greens or reds JUST LOTS OF BLUE, nuf said Merry christmas to you all mumble mumble #### blue :mad::mad:
    Yep, lots of blue and multi here in Adelaide as well. And only the 200 packs with controller and transformer.
    Did get 5 greens a couple cool whites and reds out of the 4 stores I went to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12