Thread: SSRezs not turning off completely

Post Thanks / Like

Default SSRezs not turning off completely

Sorry if this is a known issue (the board won't let you search for "LED".)

Here's my problem- I've got 4 SSRezs hooked up to my shiny new Renard64XC. On these SSRezs I've got 100 mini LEDs per channel. The issue is that the LEDs never turn off completely. Some strings are worse than others but all of my LEDs remain lit at like 5% brightness. This happens even when the SSR isn't even hooked up to the Renard64XC.

I've tried adding a resistor to the end of the strand and that made no difference, And I tried plugging in my incandescent snowman into the end of the LEDs and that didn't make a difference either.

Anyone have any suggestions? Can I modify the SSRs in some way to fix this problem? I used the instructions and BOM on the wiki and I have a multimeter but no scope.

Thanks in advance!
    Beginning of November, 2010 - "I just scored a bunch of LEDs for REALLY cheap."
    Middle of November, 2010 - "I should animate these. Holy crap, that's a lot of work."
    End of November, 2010 - "Doing it anyway. Ordered a Ren64XC and SSRezs."
    Beginning of December, 2010 - "Only time and money for 16 channels."
    Middle of September, 2011 - "I don't have the resources for this. Fire sale!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SSRezs not turning off completely

I'm surprised the snowman didn't do it. Several people add a c9 for enough load.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total