Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.5.0.8 problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2.5.0.8 problem

I just installed 2.5.0.8 to take advantage of the dimming curves feature and the dimming curve generator as I have some new led rope light etc this year and it is too bright and doesn't dim well.

The problem I am having is as soon as I start the new vixen some random channels come on, before I have even opened a sequence.

Vixen is just sitting in the taskbar waiting for my pre christmas program to start with my countdown on it and every night different lights are coming on when vixen is started.

Does anyone else experience this?
    <a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">([IMG]https://2881648860440898350-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/yatesfamilywebsite/vixensig192.gif?attachauth=ANoY7coHQlbVcJaFiMU4V7JrNBSM4FlneuPA5QnAmzyRC4M6ONTcEqu6GozeGHGOYkETW-mC5xdVPkBgjF99m4buHTlVn65IovMV_jE7YPpEpFmLr3xqJQCk6YFtxsPDmgPt3c9aoNUGPhIM7nutdxnyIpDK3fpqOH1IX3C-vZs8TYojcIGUdxQmuYNKMOCq5yMthsEMP0IBQRifQxDUJ8aNyh_5ypEzlw%3D%3D&attredirects=0[/IMG]
    3 x Grinch with DMX dimming converter and TigerDC48, LEDTRIKS in progress)</div>
    Now a supporting member. I decided it was time to give something back to the forum that has helped me so much.

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2.5.0.8 problem

Hi:
    Did you run "Prepare" to convert your older 2.1.xx sequences to 2.5.xx? That may be your trouble.
    [B][I][U]Idun

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did. I backed up the folder and then put the sequences, profile and audio folders in and then ran prepare. Is there more than one version of prepare?
    <a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show display details ...</a>
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    //toggle visibility:
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">([IMG]https://2881648860440898350-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/yatesfamilywebsite/vixensig192.gif?attachauth=ANoY7coHQlbVcJaFiMU4V7JrNBSM4FlneuPA5QnAmzyRC4M6ONTcEqu6GozeGHGOYkETW-mC5xdVPkBgjF99m4buHTlVn65IovMV_jE7YPpEpFmLr3xqJQCk6YFtxsPDmgPt3c9aoNUGPhIM7nutdxnyIpDK3fpqOH1IX3C-vZs8TYojcIGUdxQmuYNKMOCq5yMthsEMP0IBQRifQxDUJ8aNyh_5ypEzlw%3D%3D&attredirects=0[/IMG]
    3 x Grinch with DMX dimming converter and TigerDC48, LEDTRIKS in progress)</div>
    Now a supporting member. I decided it was time to give something back to the forum that has helped me so much.

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yes I did. I backed up the folder and then put the sequences, profile and audio folders in and then ran prepare. Is there more than one version of prepare?
    I found it is better to copy you old files & prepare.exe to the new temporary folder. Running prepare again on a previously converted file stuffed me for some time.
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Edwards View Post
    I found it is better to copy you old files & prepare.exe to the new temporary folder. Running prepare again on a previously converted file stuffed me for some time.
    I will give that a try. As I have backed it up and renamed it should I just delete the whole folder in My Documents created by vixen and then copy all my old files and folders from the previous vixen folder to the new vixen folder and run prepare again?
    //toggle visibility:
    //prevent page refresh:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I will give that a try. As I have backed it up and renamed it should I just delete the whole folder in My Documents created by vixen and then copy all my old files and folders from the previous vixen folder to the new vixen folder and run prepare again?
    no you will also loose your profiles too.

I would create a temp folder, copy the old sequences into the temp folder and run Prepare in that temp folder.

I can remember if I deleted the sequences in the sequence folder.
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Edwards View Post
    no you will also loose your profiles too.

I would create a temp folder, copy the old sequences into the temp folder and run Prepare in that temp folder.

I can remember if I deleted the sequences in the sequence folder.
    So I need everything that is in the vixen 2.5 folder plus a copy of my old sequence folder and a copy of prepare in the temp folder correct?
    //toggle visibility:
    //prevent page refresh:

Post Thanks / Like

no. just the old sequences and prepare.exe
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: 2.5.0.8 problem

Unfortunately that didn't solve the issue. Its the same channels coming on I notice. Not random ones as I stated earlier.
    It looks like no dimming curves for me this year.
    //toggle visibility:
    //prevent page refresh:

Post Thanks / Like

I have discovered that the lights I am having issues with are all plugged into the powerstrip outlets I made for 240v items in my display.

They are all powered by a crydom DP2610.
    The data sheet is attached.

Is anyone familiar with these and might know why they turn on when vixen 2.5 starts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    //toggle visibility:
    //prevent page refresh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast