Thread: Anybody in the south florida area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anybody in the south florida area

Quote Originally Posted by oldcqr View Post
    Me Mike?
    I'm just a lonely old bachelor, and I need the human interaction! :p
    Ahhh - does Mike need a hug? ;)
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely will alert you of my coming. Talking about during the Christmas season, i'll be sending out a round of invites to see my humble show, and to say "i'll be coming to see your show". I was thinking of just coming to see as anybody in the neighborhood would, sit and watch some lights.
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Ahhh - does Mike need a hug? ;)
    Sniff.....

yes

:D
    -Mike
    [URL="http://www.LandoLights.com"]www.LandoLights.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.sequencecenter.com"]www.SequenceCenter.com[/URL] --> Vixen/LOR Sequences and More

Post Thanks / Like

Ok everyone- group hug with Mike!!!
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Curtis View Post
    I have started sequencing and it isn't that bad ... alot of replication for arches and trees. Sequencing for 18 arches, 8 sections and 4 colors - 576 channels. Mega trees: 5 trees, 16 sections and 4 colors - 320 channels. 876 channels that go really quick. I am doing the sequencing for about 1600 channels right now with arches, mega trees, mighty minis, super strips, strobes, rope snow flakes, candy canes, posts, about 60 misc trees (2 foot and 6 foot) around the yard and some things that are a bit unusual that I am going to try.

Gonna do alot of the standard songs, but also doing some that not everyone has. I have about 100 future channels and then 100 channels on the bottom that break down the beat, drum tracks, other percussion, voice tracks, guitar tracks, keyboard tracks, etc. in groups of 8. I am finding that breaking the songs completely apart first makes it go much quicker in the long run. I have about 5 songs in the works so far.

The thing that took a long time was making the adjustable preview. I have tried to do it to appear realistic which involved alot of "zooming in" to 10 pixel size to build things and then back to 1 pixel to see how it fits the photo.

I have been given the go ahead from my wife, but she has no interest in anything at this point. We have done alot of inside Christmas decorating over the years (8 fully decorated trees last year), and she is a bit burned out to be starting something new this year outside. Plus I am going a bit to the extreme compaired to most in the first year.

Anyway ... back to this thread ... I am in Tampa, but would love to get involved in a Florida get together. I am within 15 minutes of oldcqr (Mike) which is what got me started by going to see his display.

I will keep in touch with this thread, so if anything develops you will be hearing from me.

Jim

My god! What was that movie? I think it was in Florida. The one where the old people went swimming in the pool with alien eggs and came out with the strength and endurance of 15 year olds?

That was in Tampa wasn't it?

I am shooting for 120 channels and have no clue how I will pull it off.

Jim, you must:
    1) be retired
    2) have invested in Ford at $1.25
    3) have no kids at home
    4) have someone else mowing your dang lawn

Post Thanks / Like

Cacoon

Post Thanks / Like

1) Semi-retired.
    2) I wish, but no.
    3) Empty nester, just this year.
    4) Also, I wish, but no.
    [B]Going to Plan D[/B]
    [B]Controllers[/B] - Ready to go.
    [B]Lights[/B] - Need to buy more !
    [B]Sequencing[/B] - Work in progress.

[B]GOALS:[/B]
    [B]2011[/B] First year as many channels as time allows

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I had 48 channels, this year i will have 314 normal channels.

I will also have a 20ft pixel Mega tree consisting of 24 strings of 64 pixel nodes (1536 total), each node has 3 individually controllable LEDs each.
    The tree with have 4ft exploding star with 4 levels (12, 24, 36, & 48") consisting of 330 pixel nodes.
    I am also going to do 2 coro-flakes with pixels about 60 nodes each, this will allow exploding coro-flakes.

The current channel count for the above choices, not including the normal channels, is 5958 channels.
    Obviously I can't sequence this in the current version of Vixen, as of right now my only reasonably priced choice is Light Show Pro.

If I have time, I also have the supplies to do a LED tricks board made out of flexible pixel strips which will be 24 x 20 pixels or 1440 more channels.

Wow, I need to get to work, it is already May!
    Brian

Help Support Do It Yourself Christmas.com
    For just 6 cents a day you can help someone with their Christmas Light Addiction Problem.
    Click here to Become a Supporting Member and help spread the CLAP!

Click here to show/hide my display details...

My Light Show Videos: http://vimeo.com/brianandheather

Post Thanks / Like

I think bcstuff is a show to make a trip to the East Coast for .... I look forward to seeing the mega tree and all the pixel stuff (Ireally don't know at this time what that is about, but sounds cool).
    [B]Going to Plan D[/B]
    [B]Controllers[/B] - Ready to go.
    [B]Lights[/B] - Need to buy more !
    [B]Sequencing[/B] - Work in progress.

[B]GOALS:[/B]
    [B]2011[/B] First year as many channels as time allows

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, this video is not mine but an example of what my tree will look like and what can be accomplished with LED pixel nodes.

This is RJ's Mega tree from DLA, last Christmas, with 16 strings of 60 nodes.

But hey with your 1000 channels I think I might have to make a trip to see yours too.

Brian
    Brian

Help Support Do It Yourself Christmas.com
    For just 6 cents a day you can help someone with their Christmas Light Addiction Problem.
    Click here to Become a Supporting Member and help spread the CLAP!

Click here to show/hide my display details...

My Light Show Videos: http://vimeo.com/brianandheather

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast