Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody in the south florida area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody in the south florida area

Just wondering. Seems pretty lonely down here with all the LOR users around me. Well, the two I know of.
    Why can't you put a square peg in a round hole? Most committees do it constantly!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anybody in the south florida area

I'm in Central Florida, It would be nice to do a Florida get together at some point.
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

I am new-b, but wondered why Florida doesn't have any events seeeing how there are quite a few members down here. We have Mike who is the number one sequence person is in Florida, and very informative with many how to videos, etc. as well as others.
    [B]Going to Plan D[/B]
    [B]Controllers[/B] - Ready to go.
    [B]Lights[/B] - Need to buy more !
    [B]Sequencing[/B] - Work in progress.

[B]GOALS:[/B]
    [B]2011[/B] First year as many channels as time allows

Post Thanks / Like

Florida get together interest thread, Cool!

I'll take one.

I'm just outside of Fort Myers.

Jim your a newbie with a goal of 1000 channels in your first year, WOW!
    Sequencing is gonna be crazy! Do like I did and get her involved. I got mine to sequence 1/2 the songs and wrap some mini trees!

Brian
    Brian

Help Support Do It Yourself Christmas.com
    For just 6 cents a day you can help someone with their Christmas Light Addiction Problem.
    Click here to Become a Supporting Member and help spread the CLAP!

Click here to show/hide my display details...

My Light Show Videos: http://vimeo.com/brianandheather

Post Thanks / Like

not south, but central / east florida here too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in SWFL about 2 miles from BCstuff.. went and saw his display this year.. I'm headed to the Shuttle Launch this friday.. we could have a blinky flashy party on saturday..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in North Port. I got to head to the Blackberry wes 2011. this week. Will be setting up networks and labs, etc, etc.

I think I saw something on P.C. of a florida get together in orlando.

animal

Post Thanks / Like

Jim your a newbie with a goal of 1000 channels in your first year, WOW!
    Sequencing is gonna be crazy! Do like I did and get her involved. I got mine to sequence 1/2 the songs and wrap some mini trees!

Brian
    I have started sequencing and it isn't that bad ... alot of replication for arches and trees. Sequencing for 18 arches, 8 sections and 4 colors - 576 channels. Mega trees: 5 trees, 16 sections and 4 colors - 320 channels. 876 channels that go really quick. I am doing the sequencing for about 1600 channels right now with arches, mega trees, mighty minis, super strips, strobes, rope snow flakes, candy canes, posts, about 60 misc trees (2 foot and 6 foot) around the yard and some things that are a bit unusual that I am going to try.

Gonna do alot of the standard songs, but also doing some that not everyone has. I have about 100 future channels and then 100 channels on the bottom that break down the beat, drum tracks, other percussion, voice tracks, guitar tracks, keyboard tracks, etc. in groups of 8. I am finding that breaking the songs completely apart first makes it go much quicker in the long run. I have about 5 songs in the works so far.

The thing that took a long time was making the adjustable preview. I have tried to do it to appear realistic which involved alot of "zooming in" to 10 pixel size to build things and then back to 1 pixel to see how it fits the photo.

I have been given the go ahead from my wife, but she has no interest in anything at this point. We have done alot of inside Christmas decorating over the years (8 fully decorated trees last year), and she is a bit burned out to be starting something new this year outside. Plus I am going a bit to the extreme compaired to most in the first year.

Anyway ... back to this thread ... I am in Tampa, but would love to get involved in a Florida get together. I am within 15 minutes of oldcqr (Mike) which is what got me started by going to see his display.

I will keep in touch with this thread, so if anything develops you will be hearing from me.

Jim
    [B]Going to Plan D[/B]
    [B]Controllers[/B] - Ready to go.
    [B]Lights[/B] - Need to buy more !
    [B]Sequencing[/B] - Work in progress.

[B]GOALS:[/B]
    [B]2011[/B] First year as many channels as time allows

Post Thanks / Like

Coming to see the both of you this year Jim and Mike
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilloutdocdoc View Post
    Coming to see the both of you this year Jim and Mike
    Me Mike?

FYI: I love meeting people and will take the time to show you around and invite you in, but please let me know in advance. There were a couple of times I was outside this past year and people came up to me and said 'I'm so-in-so' and either I didn't realize who they were, or I didn't have time to properly talk with them.

I'm just a lonely old bachelor, and I need the human interaction! :p
    Last edited by oldcqr; 04-29-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    -Mike
    [URL="http://www.LandoLights.com"]www.LandoLights.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.sequencecenter.com"]www.SequenceCenter.com[/URL] --> Vixen/LOR Sequences and More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast