Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Christmas hack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Christmas hack

I have procrastinated yet again this year maybe next year I will have a grinch built. I have a Mr. Christmas light controller and saw this video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtzJZtF2RU
    I was wondering if its legit as we all know EVERYTHING on youtube works. Does anyone in the forums have any experience with this and if so what plugin do I use on vixen? Thank you in advance Frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mr. Christmas hack

One of the Members of DIYC put together a how-to as well. I'm fairly certain that is it, but I don't remember the loud music. It's Legit. Many people have used this mod to jump into Animated Lights.
    Not looking good to get my 6th Seasonal Display up, but I'm trying!

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

I can most definately confirm that it does work.

With alot of time, guesswork and aggravation, but it does work. Right now I'm using two LASOCs in tandem to give a total of 11 channels. (Never could get that 12th channel to light... *sigh*)

It's enough to do a decent small show; and a good jumping in point. Next year I'm graduating up to a Renard 24 at least.

You'll want the either the basic parallel plugin or the 12 channel parallel plugin.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

It does work to mod the Mr. Christmas and control it with Vixen. I will be doing my second year with a modified Mr. Christmas box. The tutorial I used is at this forum page http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...hlight=Work207
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Jay[/FONT]

[IMG]http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=924[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is sweet. New to the forum and this is exactly the kind of this I'm looking for!
    [B][URL="http://halloween.tittivillus.com"]Andersonville Cemetery[/URL][/B]

2011 Halloween -- 18 Channels - 6 channels Mr. Christmas, 12 channels Arduino, all On/Off unfortunately...
    2012 Halloween -- nuthin. Everything went to hell in a handbasket :-P
    2013 Halloween -- 48 (1 dead) Renard SS24, + 6 from Mr. Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MacabreRob View Post
    Oh this is sweet. New to the forum and this is exactly the kind of this I'm looking for!
    Welcome to DIYC! There's a whole lot of information here, and as you've already seen, a grand willingness to help one another out. Keep your eyes and ears open though. You'll likely find that there's a whole world of other possibilities other than Mr. Christmas that can and likely will knock your socks off...

So keep an extra pair of socks handy... hang and and join the fun! Again, welcome.
    www.diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Keep your eyes and ears open though. You'll likely find that there's a whole world of other possibilities other than Mr. Christmas that can and likely will knock your socks off...

So keep an extra pair of socks handy... hang and and join the fun! Again, welcome.
    I'll second that.... Just ask me... I started with a pre-programed 6 channel controller and in 2011 I'll have 168... It's alot of fun... you still have time, I'd look for a board to solder together.
    "I have to plug ALL of these into what??"

Find us on Facebook | CrabOrchardChristmas.com

Whether it's E.L.F. or C.L.A.P, or an elf clapping... who knows... I have "it" either way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quite likely. I found this Mr. Christmas on sale for about $20 many years ago and forgot about it. Came across it this spring and cracked the case to see if I could mod it. Been busy with my main Halloween project so far: Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. If I may post a link, this will give you an idea about what kinds of a nut I am: http://hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=25747

Next year I plan on making a Angel similar to those for Christmas for my wife, only a little more appropriate for that season...
    [B][URL="http://halloween.tittivillus.com"]Andersonville Cemetery[/URL][/B]

2011 Halloween -- 18 Channels - 6 channels Mr. Christmas, 12 channels Arduino, all On/Off unfortunately...
    2012 Halloween -- nuthin. Everything went to hell in a handbasket :-P
    2013 Halloween -- 48 (1 dead) Renard SS24, + 6 from Mr. Christmas

Onalaska Wa. (about 30 miles south of Olympia)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did this last year. Its actually quite simple, at least it was for me. this year I upped to 162 channels.
    [I]I dont have a signature.[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're beginning to get the idea,...Mr. Christmas is a GATEWAY DRUG! Don't mod it unless you can live with the consequences, look at all the addicts!
    Questions about the world: Read the bible [I]and [/I]pray (or vise versa). :D -Bilateral!
    Questions about Blinky-flashy: [U]READ[/U] the Wiki and forum [B]first[/B]!,...[I]then[/I] ask!-Unilateral!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast