Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Broadband Store

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your Broadband Store

I thought I read the minimum order from Arris was $250? Do we know what the pricing is at the $250 minimum (if it is, in fact, $250).

I guess the question is whether or not it is worth it for you to invest the time and money, or if we should simply do a number of group buys.

If you invest the money, I will buy what I need from you. I just wonder if it is worth your effort.
    [SIZE="1"][U]2009[/U] (2) Ren SS24, (1) Ren 24LV, 3 Mminis

[U]2010[/U] (3) Ren SS24, (3) Ren 24LV, (6) Mminis, (12) SSRez, (13) Super Strips RGB+W, (8) Super Strips UV+W, (2) Ren 48LSD, RPM DMX

[U]2011 Adding[/U] (50) AussiePhil strobes, Pixel strings looking tempting
    [/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Chris you're a nice guy. If you started this venture (and frankly its nice when people do make a bit of a profit to compensate for their time spent) would you think it's worthwhile shipping overseas? I'm guessing it's probably not so much a weight issue as it's a size issue . . .?
    Ugh, this year will be too busy. I'd like to buy a vowel and more time please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    As I has posted previously, I am working with Arris directly to see if they will give me pricing that is attractive enough that I can buy in bulk and sell these in smaller quantities.

I will have invest several thousand dollars of my own funds to make this work. However, if the interest is there, I will do it. I am trying to be upfront about this as I will consider this a business venture and I will have make some profit from it.
    If you are going this route - you may want to look at other sources, I came across this one for example:

http://www.china-enclosures.com

-Preston

Pearland, Tx (sometimes) and anywhere on the globe the rest of the time
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toodle_pipsky View Post
    Chris you're a nice guy. If you started this venture (and frankly its nice when people do make a bit of a profit to compensate for their time spent) would you think it's worthwhile shipping overseas? I'm guessing it's probably not so much a weight issue as it's a size issue . . .?
    absolutely.....in fact, if I can find a better way to keep the shipping cost down, I jump at it. The only problem I could run into is import duties that you may have to handle locally.
    WLC Ventures is now Radiant Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIY Guy View Post
    I thought I read the minimum order from Arris was $250? Do we know what the pricing is at the $250 minimum (if it is, in fact, $250).

I guess the question is whether or not it is worth it for you to invest the time and money, or if we should simply do a number of group buys.

If you invest the money, I will buy what I need from you. I just wonder if it is worth your effort.

It is $250...but the prices for each unit are higher that what we had before. I am pushing them due to larger quantities and the fact I have a business set up. I have gotten some pricing better than I originally got but I have to order way more than $250 at one time.

Post Thanks / Like

You know Chris, if you're going through all this it sounds like you're getting dangerously close to being able to handle the sourcing, importing and sales/distribution of light strings from China here in the US! I'd be ok with ordering through g2ktcf Inc. ;P

-joni-

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    absolutely.....in fact, if I can find a better way to keep the shipping cost down, I jump at it. The only problem I could run into is import duties that you may have to handle locally.
    2013 Plans: Convert to pixels!
    http://amistosolights.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give him a year or two to get going, but summer of 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by rjchu View Post
    You know Chris, if you're going through all this it sounds like you're getting dangerously close to being able to handle the sourcing, importing and sales/distribution of light strings from China here in the US! I'd be ok with ordering through g2ktcf Inc. ;P

-joni-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heading into my 5th season in 2013

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjchu View Post

-joni-
    just don't get in my way lol. Folks, if I had the connections in China, I would really look at that. The problem is that we are still in no way of the size to handle this. Look at Paul's work with Creative Displays. He is now buying 20' and 40' containers and still has a hard time getting the price down. You have to get into the millions of boxes to make any real dent.

and, BTW its WLC Ventures! I hope to get the website up and running with next month or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll certainly buy what I need from you. Just ordered 2 from Ebay.
    Bob Keyes
    2009 (first year)-64 Channels, 8,000 lights
    2010-280 Channels, 40,000 lights
    2011-496 Channels, 75,000 lights in the neighborhood
    2012-9312 Ren, 1080 RGB. 185,000 lights in neighborhood
    A mate that just keeps rolling her eyes
    [img]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/280/280.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kychristmas View Post
    I'll give him a year or two to get going, but summer of 2012...
    LOL! now that there was funny...:p
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast