Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Broadband Store

On The Dark Side Of The Moon (Really, LI - NY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your Broadband Store

Suggestion: Is there an alternative solution to using a different enclosure? I just recently read the news that YBBS isn't going to carry the broadband boxes anymore and right now I am in the middle of a REN24SS project. This is bumming me out. Those enclosures were PERFECT for these projects and my CG-1000 enclosure does a fine job at protecting my REN16 board. Now I wanted to get a CG-2000 enclosure for the REN24 and now I hear this news about YBBS.

Again...MAJORLY bummed out.

Instead of chasing aris.com's tail for the exact enclosure and dealing with a quantity purchase and higher prices, I am wondering if someone has already thought of using an alternative.

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, until somebody stumbles upon an alternative, the Keptel is the cheapest enclosure out there. You can expect to pay ~20 for a 12x12 NEMA enclosure.
    [SIZE="1"][U]2009[/U] (2) Ren SS24, (1) Ren 24LV, 3 Mminis

[U]2010[/U] (3) Ren SS24, (3) Ren 24LV, (6) Mminis, (12) SSRez, (13) Super Strips RGB+W, (8) Super Strips UV+W, (2) Ren 48LSD, RPM DMX

[U]2011 Adding[/U] (50) AussiePhil strobes, Pixel strings looking tempting
    [/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I'd be in for a couple next year.
    1 Renard SS16 (2009)
    1 Renard SS24 (2010)

Post Thanks / Like

trust me i have been looking for better alt but have yet to find any. well i have but they are the manufactorer so back in the same boat with ordering alot.
    2012 - The year of the pixels
    21ft tall 12x38ct WS2811 Pixel Megatree - DONE
    5 36ct GECE Pixel Archs - Maybe
    Pixelated roofline with windows - DONE
    Bigger matrix and pixel star - DONE
    Added 1200 pixels, a few strobes, and fast tubes
    Now it just all has to play nicely lol.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/FiedlerFamilyChristmas[/url]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/OhioChristmasDisplays"]http://www.facebook.com/OhioChristmasDisplays[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was able to contact YBBS today and did luck out and got someone on the phone right away. I placed an order for a few CG-1000's and CG-2000's that I know would be more than enough for future projects.

The fellow I got on the phone is now saying that Thanksgiving weekend may NOT be the cut off for consumer sales...right now the cut off date is up in the air.

At any rate, I double checked my emails and thusfar I don't see that my order has been processed. I guess they are busy over at YBBS with many people placing orders for those enclosures from this forum alone. LOL!

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jukingeo View Post
    Well, I was able to contact YBBS today and did luck out and got someone on the phone right away. I placed an order for a few CG-1000's and CG-2000's that I know would be more than enough for future projects.

The fellow I got on the phone is now saying that Thanksgiving weekend may NOT be the cut off for consumer sales...right now the cut off date is up in the air.

At any rate, I double checked my emails and thusfar I don't see that my order has been processed. I guess they are busy over at YBBS with many people placing orders for those enclosures from this forum alone. LOL!

Geo
    Wonder if all our last minute orders put them back in business for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all of the DIYC traffic...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

Well, despite never getting an email to confirm my order with YBBS, I got my package yesterday already! Even though the packaging wasn't the greatest, everything arrived intact.

Even though I needed only one CG-2000, I ordered two of them as well as two CG-1000's. I figured that would have me 'set' in terms of creating more Renard controllers. I doubt I would make more for myself after the REN24SS project, BUT there are always friends, relatives, and perhaps who knows what come may.

Thus, overall I can't complain. The shipping was super fast in the fact that I placed this order a couple days after my Mouser order and it arrived at the same time.

Geo

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jukingeo View Post

Geo
    That's good to hear... I wasn't able to get through the phone lines the other day and was so busy I completely to call before today.
    I'll have to see if I can get through tomorrow (black friday).
    Maybe they will still be up :???:
    [B][IMG]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_ht.php/192/%20DMX%20Dimmable.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://shop.martinxmas.com"]The Martin DIY Christmas Store[/URL]
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered on 11/22 and got my conf. on 11/24. If you can, ask for Rachel (she has been good about returning emails)... better yet RACHEL.YEAKLEY@ARRISI.COM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast