Thread: Light pulse times?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Light pulse times?

Hey everyone,

Newbie here starting off with a 8 channel SSR setup. Got the lights up and all the SSR wired up but have a question regarding the lights.

How fast can normal globe lights be pulsed on an off? At the moment i have sequenced in Vixen with 100ms intervals. Is this too quick as some of them are only one interval...am i going to start blowing things?

Im so close just dont want to hurt anything.

Cheers,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

By "globe lights" are you referring to incandescent lights or leds? I have pulsed both at 50ms timing, on and off 25 times per second with no ill effects.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i should of been a bit more specific. They are incandescent lights @ 24V AC - 150 lights per channel ...not that the rest matters too much.

Thanks for the quick reply macrosill. I just thought for example when you flick on and off a normal incadescent light in a room - normally it doesnt like this too much and often blows. Just curious to if this was the case with smaller globes or not.

Anyone else had any problems switchin so quickly?

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,

the effect is the rapid heating and cooling of the filiment and yes, it can impact the life of the bulb. the issue is not great. mini bulbs dont have a long life anyways....
    [B]John[/B]
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com[/url] General Site
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com/zencart/[/url] Online Store

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]