Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: RGB LED's Now Consumer Grade - Hackable?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RGB LED's Now Consumer Grade - Hackable?

I haven't tried it, but I do have 2 snowmen, and the nodes look the same, just white wire and plastic. Controllers are slightly different, no remote, single push button, but still 5vDC Power, 3 conductors, etc. Picked them up cheep at sears a few weeks ago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmcpa View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I do have 2 snowmen, and the nodes look the same, just white wire and plastic. Controllers are slightly different, no remote, single push button, but still 5vDC Power, 3 conductors, etc. Picked them up cheep at sears a few weeks ago
    There's a good chance I might be playing with one of the tree sets early next year - A coworker of mine has them and is VERY interested in controlling them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diamaunt View Post
    redefinition of defaultIntensity, using Delay instead of delay, just 'while' not 'do while' (why have an endless while loop inside of the loop() function?)...

those things fixed, it's working, mostly, but, it leaves a light on here and there, seemingly at random, as it goes back and forth, plus, the colors aren't what you said you intended, they vary, but are pale cyan's, magenta's occasionally yellow, light green, somewhat inconsistent..

cool otherwise! programming project grade: b ;)
    Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the post.

I am attaching a VC# project which shows what this is supposed to look like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CougerAC; 12-24-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Changed color scaling code.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CougerAC View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the post.

I am attaching a VC# project which shows what this is supposed to look like.
    is that a windows thingy?

using ubuntu here. don't think I can see it, but I put some debugging code in yours, and the numbers coming out of the WheelRGB function don't look anything like what they should, and thus the colors aren't anywhere near red green and blue.

it looks like you're going for something between 0 and 255 for each color, but the color values are only 0-15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diamaunt View Post
    is that a windows thingy?

it looks like you're going for something between 0 and 255 for each color, but the color values are only 0-15.
    Well, it is a windows app, but you can compile it using mono.

Thanks for pointing out the color range, I totaly overlooked that little detail. I fixed both the code and the C# app showing it off.

Many thanks,
    Clif

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe's is up to 60% off on Christmas decorations. I got the last 2 sets of icicles for $31 a piece (36 lights).

Post Thanks / Like

My Lowes had the 50 light string at $29. Only one set left though Now to hack out some vixen controll!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would one of you that got these at Lowes, please post the Lowes sku number from the receipt?

So far I have not found any left in my area and would like to have them check if any other store has some.

Thank you.
    I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.
    Professional web developer; ColdFusion 8 - AIR/Flex

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: RGB LED's Now Consumer Grade - Hackable?

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to write up some code for use on a Arduino Uno to have all lamps on a string to show the same color (same address for each node) and just control the RGB intensities of that address using the A0-A2 analog inputs on the Arduino Uno board?

A0=Red
    A1=Green
    A2=Blue

Example:
    A0=5V
    A1=~2.5V
    A2=0

This would give (for the entire string of lights):
    Red on full
    Green at approx half intensity
    Blue off

Of course this would be running continuously so any voltage changes would change the color of the string of lights.

Get what I am saying?

Can someone do this?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, today I did a search on the main lowes page using the term "christmas", then I clicked on "christmas light strings" and set the filter to "GE"
    I have purchased two sets from two different stores. the Lowes part number I have on both receipts is "25042"
    good luck!
    stephen (who just got a arduino!) can't wait to play with these lights!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfunk View Post
    Would one of you that got these at Lowes, please post the Lowes sku number from the receipt?

So far I have not found any left in my area and would like to have them check if any other store has some.

Thank you.

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast