Thread: Halloween Plywood cutout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halloween Plywood cutout

I was in Target last week and spotted a Peanuts Halloween cut out of Linus in a pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin. It was made out of gator board (plastic like cardboard.) Didn't think it would last very long so I decided to make my own out of OSB plywood like I do my Christmas ones. I also wanted to take it one step farther and animate the cutout so I made the head on a different sheet. Placing a single bolt in the neck allows me to make the head move side by side with a motor on the back, similar to the way the animated raindeer move their heads..
    The pumpkins in the front are made out of those plastic $1 pumpkins at walmart with a hole cut in the bottom. I took a strip of C7 clear christmas lights and cut them into single units. Using the left over male plugs from the ren24 extension cords I made each C7 in to a single light. (You could buy one of those candle lights for the window if you want but I already had pleanty of male ends from 10x 24 channel controllers.) Still have to put out the talking skull and graveyard behind the white fense. I also have a sighn that says "Welcome Great Pumpkin."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Halloween Plywood cutout

Terrific!!! What a friendly display!
    dirknerkle

The DIGWDF Store is the place to go for wireless stuff for Renard... controllers, adapters... or other junk that
    nobody else would probably ever make. It's all in stock right now at http://diychristmas.org/store

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Halloween Plywood cutout

After watching the TV show again this year my GF said "why don't you make the rest of the gang? You should make them all dressed up as ghosts like in the show." Of course you know there is never enough if there is time to make more so I wipped up another cutout of the Peanuts gang. Here they are in the finished display.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Braveit1; 10-31-2010 at 09:19 PM.