Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Led Spacing

Post Thanks / Like

3/4 is the max you can go without buswire
    and yes all the leds should be facing the same way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjohn
    Matt,

1/2 spacing allows you to use the LED legs and just bend them in tohe direction required.

I am going with 15mm (2/3) inch for the same reason.

John.
    Thought about that, but I would have to drill

However seems like at this point drilling would be quicker then adding bus wire. I mocked up a pannel with 32 leds on the 1" board. It was a MAJOR pain! I have cut the peg board and painted it. So I should have measured twice and cut once. Oppps.

I built a mini 32 LED board on a board with solder pads, that was real quick and easy. Did this just to test my boards. It has created a couple questions that I will be posting shortly.

ms

ms
    Matt Stemple

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spacing Template / Drill technique?

Since I can't find board pre drilled to 3/4" or 15mm (both suggested hole spacing) has anyone created a template that can be printed and used for the whole spacing pattern?

I am going to get some un drilled mdf sheets and do 3/4" or less spacing but don't have a jig setup to get the spacing right, so a paper pattern would work. If you have done this and have such a pattern please let me know before I start making my own. Or if there is a better suggestion for drilling technique...

Thanks
    ms
    Matt Stemple

Post Thanks / Like

sorry no template
    I just drew the grid on the board then used a drillpress took about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5642036

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5642039

this was posted http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...opic.php?t=151

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spacing Template / Drill technique?

Quote Originally Posted by stempile
    Since I can't find board pre drilled to 3/4" or 15mm (both suggested hole spacing) has anyone created a template that can be printed and used for the whole spacing pattern?
    Thanks
    ms
    I just drew this up, maybe it will help. Just be sure when printing that it doesn't get scaled. It is a .750" grid. Just print as many as you need and tape them together. If you have access to a plotter, I can make the grid as large as you want to make it on a single sheet.
    8)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spacing Template / Drill technique?

Quote Originally Posted by stempile

I am going to get some un drilled mdf sheets and do 3/4" or less spacing but don't have a jig setup to get the spacing right, so a paper pattern would work. If you have done this and have such a pattern please let me know before I start making my own. Or if there is a better suggestion for drilling technique...

Thanks
    ms

you might want to read the holes post I made.... it describes a method that I feel could fit your needs....

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...opic.php?t=151

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12