Thread: Official start day ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Official start day ....

Hi all

Next weekend - Saturday Oct 2 - will be the first day of the "2010 Season" for me! Can't wait. :mrgreen:

I'm extending my mega tree a few extra feet this year - will be 23 feet to the top of the mast and will have a star of some sort on top as well. Adding more mini-trees, figurines and arches. Plus I'm hoping to work out a shooting star to drop from the top of my house to the star on top of the mega tree.

All sorts of fun - and it's all thanks to you guys here on DIYC. Thanks for getting me started, giving me the courage to have a go and for all the great ideas.

-Robert.
    Lakewood, CO

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Official start day ....

October 2nd is your official "START" day?

Geez, I've been working on my 2010 display since last February... Do you have five or six hands and a couple heads or something modern science would like to know about?

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dirk -

I should have clarified my first post - next weekend is the start of me actually starting to put the physical things out and getting the physical set up started. I got to start bringing display elements home from the storage facility (don't have enough room in my house or shed ). And got to start putting in new electrical.

This year I'm installing a sub-panel just for the display and laying underground wiring for outlets in the yard to supply power. Last year I had way too many extension cords running all over the place. And as last year was so much fun and such a success, decided to make it as permanent and easy to setup by adding the sub-panel and such.

I too have been thinking about this year's display since I packed away last year's display. Keep me up nights!

-Robert
    Lakewood, CO

Post Thanks / Like

If it makes you feel any better I haven't started this year and have 6 ren64s 100 ssrezs to solder and build enclosures for. Also I need to sequence my show and upgrade the electrical in the house. I still need to build three mega tees and a bunch of arches. Its going to be quite the squeeze just like last year when I built two ren24ss on dec2nd show was up the 15th. Mouser hopefully rushes my order.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure it'll be a squeeze - but it's so much fun.
    Lakewood, CO