Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event Sequence Music - Keyboard Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Event Sequence Music - Keyboard Options

In the Event Sequence Music screen it would be great if there was an option to change the behavior of key presses. Currently a key press just marks a location with a single on lasting one interval. I'd like the selected channel to stay on as long as the key is pressed. Then sequences could be entered like you were playing a piano.

Thanks!

PS - I just turned on my first 16 channel light system. It looks great! This is so fun!

Post Thanks / Like

If you hold the key down, it should keep turning on the cells in that row. Give it a try, I know it work with the spacebar.

tom
    Zaker

1 - Ren 64
    4 - Ren 24
    1 - Ren48LSD
    2 - E681
    LOTS OF LIGHTS!!
    [URL]http://lights.quietwebhosting.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

some of the wireless and other fancy media keyboards have that problem, you can change the settings of the keyboard software or try a different one.

I know I had problems with the wireless one that I have
    Have you heard, well, it was my understanding that everyone has heard. BA BA BA BA BA OOM MOW MOW, BA BA OOM BOW BA BOW, don't you know about the bird.

"At least I'm not considered crazy here, but yet an amateur."

Post Thanks / Like

I think KC is listening to the KeyPress event, which pauses between the initial keydown and the repeat key downs (based on your preferences in the Keyboard control panel), so you can end up with a gap there.

KC, would it be a simple fix to listen for KeyDown and KeyUp instead of KeyPress, if that's what you're doing?
    There sure as hell *are* user-serviceable parts inside!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait so i can do alot of my sequencing by just pressing a key down?? How did i miss this
    [IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/Snookao/The%20Making%20Of%20Walden%20Lights/WaldenLights2007.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

So do i go along programing my songs using the keyboard?
    [IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/Snookao/The%20Making%20Of%20Walden%20Lights/WaldenLights2007.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

What I do is, highlight where i want to turn channels on/off , then use the space bar to toggle on or off.
    Kevin Lang

64 Channel Olsen 595 64 Channel Grinch 4 Xmus Ren16's

Running Acer P4 3.0 GHz and 1.00GB Ram Win XP

Post Thanks / Like

This is just to clarify and give some background.

I originally posted this in the bug list and was told that the single on event is the designed behavior. Currently I get an on when I press the key and then an off determined by the keyboard repeat delay setting in Windows then ons as long as I hold down the key.

I've tried setting the repeat delay as low as it will go but I still get a 300ms gap between the first on and the rest.

I see this behavior on 2 lap tops and one desktop.

While I can see usefulness of the current behavior I also think it would be cool to be able to hold the key down and get a constant stream of ons as long as I hold down the key. Currently I have to go back and fill in the gaps caused by every key press.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Is there a certain window i have to open to be able to do this. I'm asking if you can program the sequence in real time while the song is playing.

cmurray Guest

Just select a channel...
    Hit play...
    and tap away......

I think the space bar is the only key that works on the sequencing grid.

JOel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast