I am new to this forum and have only been doing synchronized light shows for 2 years so there is much I do not know. I have developed some software for the Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Ribbon that allows creation of light shows such as the following:
For further information on the software you can visit www.superstarlights.com
All my RGB experience so far has been with the Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Ribbon. The Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Ribbon is an amazing device but has the following shortcomings:
1) Price is $250 for 50 pixels
2) Fragile, hard to mount
3) If one LED fails, must replace the whole ribbon
4) One controller controls only one string
I would like to promote the creation of a standard RGB string of lights that would be versatile, reliable, and reasonably priced. The ideal string would be:
1) Price of $100 for at least 32 pixels
2) Constructed more like a string of lights, not a ribbon
3) If one LED fails, should be able to replace the light
4) Be able to buy a controller that controls more than one string
I am mostly a software guy. I have some experience with hardware but not nearly to the level of what I have read on this forum. Amongst the guys on this forum there exists the technical expertise to create the RGB light string standard.
What would be your approach to the "Standard RGB Light string"