Thread: Source Array Error

Post Thanks / Like

Default Source Array Error

I am Getting a "Source Array was not long enough. Check SCR index and legnth and the array's lower bounds" Execution has stopped when i try to play the song i have picked. any idea what this is. i got a new E machien that is running windows 7. i want to do my sequencing on this computer but the show computer is running XP

Thanks for any help

Joe
    Joe O'Brien

Trying my first Pixel Tree this year!!! i had good luck last year with some Pixels and Falcon Player / Pi
    Facebook: [url]https://www.facebook.com/obrienfamilychristmas[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Source Array Error

What version of Vixen are you using?

If your PC is running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, you need to use vixen 2.1 or higher.

-Craig

Post Thanks / Like

2.1.4 how do i tell if its the 64 bit version? im kinda new at this i found it i am running 64 bit
    Last edited by sparky588; 07-24-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    Joe O'Brien

Trying my first Pixel Tree this year!!! i had good luck last year with some Pixels and Falcon Player / Pi
    Facebook: [url]https://www.facebook.com/obrienfamilychristmas[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Vixen is 32-bit only. There are no 64-bit versions.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

You might try the Windows 7 "Compatibility" settings. Right click on the vixen icon and choose properties, then under the "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" box and set it to something like "Windows XP SP3" or similar then select OK to close. Now launch vixen again and see if your results change.
    Hope that helps. -James

ps- Vixen 2.5.0.8 seems to run perfectly in 32 bit mode on a Win 7 64 bit box, even without compatibility!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting this same error. I can run a sequence manually, but when I try to play a program the error message pops up. I'm using Windows XP. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I run 2.1 on win7 no issues in compatibility mode.
    2009 (2) Ren SS24, (1) Ren 24LV, 3 Mminis
    2010 (3) Ren SS24, (3) Ren 24LV, (6) Mminis, (12) SSRez, (13) Super Strips RGB+W, (8) Super Strips UV+W, (2) Ren 48LSD, RPM DMX
    2011 Adding (50) AussiePhil strobes, Pixel strings looking tempting
    2019 ?? 10-year anniversary on DIYC. Go big or go home??

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running the latest version of 2.5. I even tried downgrading to 2.1 and had the same issue, but couldn't even manually play a sequence without getting the error.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had that problem when I copied my sequences over to my netbook to take outside for testing. The problem appeared to be that the channel definition count did not match the channel count in the output plugin. When I I changed the channel counts in the profile so that the total channel count in the profile matched the total channel count in the plugin (in my case the entec dmx pro). Once I did that and restarted vixen everything was just fine. btw my programming computer is win7 x64 and my netbook is win7 x32 and my actual show computer is an XP machine. Do not go blaming this problem on any win 7 version. I am running vixen 2.1.4 I chalked this one up to my own not paying attention to details. After looking at thousands of grid blocks I just missed this little detail when switching between computers.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga