Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get A Firegod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to get A Firegod

Hi,

I was wondering how if get a Firegod, or at lease when the next coop for the Firegod pcb, bom, and ssr will be? I may be getting two of these.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to get A Firegod

Contact FireGod directly via PM. It's a proprietary system and the system is only available through him personally.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Lou (lbro) may have some, send him a pm as well.
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

If David wants to do a run of the boards again, I will be will to help out again.

Lou
    Lou

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great, parents said I could get one controller for halloween, and technically, this is ONE controller.

But I do have a few questions:
    1.) What kind of SSR's will I need, how much do they cost, where can I get them, and how many do I need?
    2.) What type of enclosures can I get for a Firegod?
    3.) Can I run two of these (for future reference) thru a USB?

Im kinda new to the FireGod, so I don't know much about them.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Post Thanks / Like

I use the SSRez, which is now in an offsite co-op because of number that are needed to make it cheaper link is below

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...ad.php?t=11351

As for Technical stuff, I sent David (Firegod) a PM and linked this thread, he will be able to answer any and all questions for you.

Lou
    Lou

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the site, and it seems like a really good price, I calculated that each channel is just under $2. I think I am just going to get 12 SSRez's for now, I may use then for Halloween.

And something I just thought of, Cat5 cable, does anyone know where I can get some of it really cheap?

Thanks,
    Jesse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jem5136 View Post
    But I do have a few questions:
    1.) What kind of SSR's will I need, how much do they cost, where can I get them, and how many do I need?
    Jesse - any of the SSR's available here, will work - the SSROz, SSREZ, or SSRNeon. The EZ's are currently the possible "favorites", and the Oz are time-tested. The SSRNeon has become somewhat of a "brew your own", as it lends itself well to home-etching. They all will fit in an TA-200 enclosure, but they will fit in lot's of other enclosures, also. I have used the TA-200 for individuals, and put 4 -6 in CG-1000 boxes.

2.) What type of enclosures can I get for a Firegod?
    I ran two systems in 2009, for 256 channels. I have the controllers just mounted to a board, inside the house, with Cat5 running out to the Field Modules. I have two FM's in a CG-1000, by stacking them two-tall, with standoffs in between. So I have 4 CG-1000 boxes, which hold all eight of my FM's. I can take pics, if you need them, but they are self-explanatory, I think. There's plenty of room, for all 16 Cat5 cables running to the SSR's. I did make a backing plate for the FM's, so I could screw them into the CG-1000's.

3.) Can I run two of these (for future reference) thru a USB?
    Can't answer this one - I have an old 1.3 GHz XP desktop server, that's dedicated to running the show, that has 4 serial ports. Worked flawlessly this last year. I got it for free on freecycle.com, but they are readily available for nothing, or next to nothing, as they are dinosaurs for anything except our uses.

And something I just thought of, Cat5 cable, does anyone know where I can get some of it really cheap?
    I kept checking ebay. You can use Cat3 and up, from experience. I found boxes of 800 to 1000 feet, from $15 to $35. If you aren't particular, it can be found. I even paid $5.00 for a box with probably 600 feet, at a yard sale. Just keep your eyes open. Time is still on your side...

Hope this helps.

R
    [IMG]http://crbest.com/vixenlogo02.jpg[/IMG]

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    256 channels of blinkin', dimmin' bliss...
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

This helps out a lot!! Thanks you so much,

Jesse

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm getting the itch for another round of boards as well. I'd just need one or two interfaces and 4 field modules (and at least 32 SSRoz/ez boards).

So if anyone else would like to try to rally up for next season, let's see what we can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast