Thread: ordering led lights from china

Post Thanks / Like

Default ordering led lights from china

l will be putting in an order for led strings to china in about 4 weeks, if anyone is interested give me a call .
    l have had 1 sample sent to me and they seem to be quite good, the cable is .5 mm thick and green, the strings are similar to the big w type with diffused leds, all colors available. l will be ordering 24v with no controller. U can order 5m and 10m long strings, the 5mm ones will have 50 leds with 10cm spacings and the 10m version 100 leds also with 10cm spacings. The costs of the strings will be about on average $9.50 per string inc shipping. the exact costs will depend on the size of the order the aus dollar and the cost for shipping at the time. l have had a firm quote of $5.90 US per 100 led string plus shipping.
    Just remember buying from overseas can be risky, so myself and anyone else that orders will be taking a bit of a gamble with delivery and or the actual product being what we actually ordered.
    As mentioned l have seen a sample and it seems to be quite good, the company seems to quite professional in there dealings and communications. If this deal goes sour then bad luck for everyone, but l am prepaired to take this small risk.
    Last edited by bigvic; 04-19-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ordering led lights from china

Remembering that when ordering stuff from Overseas that you must keep it below AU$1000 or else you will run the risk of paying duty and then that will add a good percentage extra to your cost
    [SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.averyeddyxmas.com"]WWW.[COLOR="Red"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]VERY[/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EDDY[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]XMAS[/COLOR].com[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php[/url]

Download the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual from [url]http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html[/url]

Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm suprised this hasn't already been mentioned....

My concern with this post is a blanket statement "i have a sample and they look good".

No photos
    No technical info
    No test results

fj was good enough to send test samples off to long time forum members for testing and comment.

All the chinese companies make 24v 100mm spaced led strings in any colour you want, some cheaper than you quote some more expensive.
    What makes these worth the money?
    2012:
    Software: LightFactory Personal
    Hardware: J1Sys Pixel controllers . [url]Http://www.j1sys.com[/url]
    Lights: 6000+ Pixels and 20k+ LEDs
    Channels: around 20,000 channels

You know where to find me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aussiephil View Post
    I'm suprised this hasn't already been mentioned....

My concern with this post is a blanket statement "i have a sample and they look good".

No photos
    No technical info
    No test results

fj was good enough to send test samples off to long time forum members for testing and comment.

All the chinese companies make 24v 100mm spaced led strings in any colour you want, some cheaper than you quote some more expensive.
    What makes these worth the money?
    AussiePhil Very well wrote.
    BigVic don't be dis-heartened, they may suit your needs very well, but if you want others to join in, there is a need for more testing.
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trading With the dragon for a while, and i have some advise for you;

1.firstly go and visit face-to-face, it will save you a *LOT* of greif.
    2.You've seen the samples, how do you know that the production will be the same.
    3. All secrects about china are revealed in 学习中国历史
    4. If you dont' know what 3 is then go and learn.

Its not hard, but i've seen so many think that they can get a bargain in china and get burned.

I've been to china once this year already and will be making at least 1 more, probalby 2 more trips. Each trip easily pays for itself.
    [B][FONT=Arial]stell[COLOR="#FF0000"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="#008000"]s[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000CD"]c[/COLOR]apes[/FONT][/B] - LED lighting solutions for the Prosumer, Commercial and Entertainment Industries.
    Doing pixels first since 2009 with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAt6A98lXQw"]just another megatree.[/URL]
    Follow us on Facebook at [url]www.facebook.com/stellascapes[/url]
    web: [url]www.stellascapes.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I tracked down a company in Adelaide last year (through a contact on this forum) and purchased some boxes of LED's with no controller or transformer to save on cost. From memory they were around $100AUD for a 500 led string with slight cost variations depending on colour. The only down side was they did not do multi colour. I am at work writing this but will post the details when I get home tomorrow. This may be a little costly for some but it does give you a local point of contact if any issues arise, and the staff were very helpful.
    Watch this space for details if you so wish.
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

you said adelaide an xmas lights without controller, now you have my attention, do they have a website or anything?
    alec.

Quote Originally Posted by joshlisa View Post
    I tracked down a company in Adelaide last year (through a contact on this forum) and purchased some boxes of LED's with no controller or transformer to save on cost. From memory they were around $100AUD for a 500 led string with slight cost variations depending on colour. The only down side was they did not do multi colour. I am at work writing this but will post the details when I get home tomorrow. This may be a little costly for some but it does give you a local point of contact if any issues arise, and the staff were very helpful.
    Watch this space for details if you so wish.
    Josh
    Over 50000ch last yr

Post Thanks / Like

guys

this is not meant to be a big buying coop , l made the offer because l was putting in an order anyway, and if anyone wanted to spend $50 -$100 on a few sets to DO THEIR OWN EVALUATIONS AND TESTING , fine .If the sets proved to be good well then we will have another source to buy good strings, and if we get burn't , well tough shit we have wasted a $50 or $100. I'm sure we have all blown a hell of a lot more over the years with this hobby of ours.
    The offer still stands for a while longer.

Post Thanks / Like

As promised,
    The Shop in SA is "Starlight Christmas Superstore".
    They can be contacted on (08) 8354 0545.
    I make no promise on quality as compared to any other light strings available ECT.... but they worked great for my Blue/White Mega Tree.
    For reference I will post a pic of it when I can pry the laptop off the OIC of finances ;)
    Can't remember the guys name but he is aware of our community here and is very willing to assist were he can.
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. Here is the picture as promised in my last post. Sorry it is not a closer picture (tree on the right) but illustrates well the LED brightness compared to others (and allows me to show off a little).
    Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images