New firmware for D-Light AC-16 controller
I have been working on new firmware for the AC-16. It is in beta testing now. It should be ready soon and will be offered to the public in the form of a replacement chip with the firmware pre-programmed. You keep your old chip so you can always restore your controller to original. The firmware is still in the testing phase and I do not have a release date yet. It all depends on how the testing goes.
It has the following features;
1. DMX & LOR compatible protocol.
2. Automatically detects and selects either protocol and baud rate.
3. Multiple addresses allow grouping of controllers which can simplify programming.
4. Will function as a stand alone sequencer with 16 tunable pre set seqences.
5. The twinkle & shimmer effects can be adjusted or tuned to match different vendor versions of those effects.
6. Hardware utility automatically generates an XML file that can be imported by S2 so creating the channel assignments is easy
7. Excel based address and parameter assignment makes building a database of information quick and easy.
8. UUID (unique unit ID) addressing allows a back door to communicate with the controller when the normal unit address is not known. This feature is very useful in large networks when updating controller addresses or updating firmware. The UUID is similar in function to a MAC address used by ethernet devices for those of you who know what that is all about.
Anybody interested please send me a PM so I can see what the interest level is.
Re: New firmware for D-Light AC-16 controller
keep us informed how you go.
sounds like DMX is being taken to the next level.
any thoughts on any of the other controllers it could be used on?
7x mini floods
2 RGB 9Ch Led Leaping Arch - 630Leds, 9 channels per colour - 27ch's
Mega Tree 5m - 14x r g b w leds - 54ch's
10x RGB CoroStars - 6 RGB 5050 Leds in each - 3ch
1x RGB Merry Christmas Sign - 42ch's
2x 3section RGB Coro VU Meters - 27ch's each
RGB Led Mega Star - 24ch's, 3ch each point of star
10x Ledancer tubes
150x ACL Led Strobes
1x RGB Coroflake