Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MINI down Under (Melbourne)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: MINI down Under (Melbourne)

Count me in... I am gathering lights faster than ideas to do with them.
    Now I need some ideas and help.

wjohn: I can't help with a location (and my house is about the size of half your garage).. but I know the Melb-chapter of "melbourne.wireless.org.au" use to hire a scouthall in Hawthorn. (I think they might have it covered under their subscriptions). Something like that might be an idea.. especially around june'sh.. just an idea..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MINI down Under (Melbourne)

Count me in work permitting

Cheers Ken
    Last edited by kkmm; 01-24-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Can not spell

Post Thanks / Like

This year I'll probably have to pass, which is a pity. 5/6 June is a great time, but just not for a 2000km trip once again, but I'll see what I can do.
    2011: The year of the pixels, LED's and glowing balls!
    [url]http://www.lithgowlights.com/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

What is mid way beween Sydney/Melbourne/brisbane/Perth/Darwin/Adeliade? ( aint' seen anybody from TAS yet here ).. Thats the place we should met
    [B][FONT=Arial]stell[COLOR="#FF0000"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="#008000"]s[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000CD"]c[/COLOR]apes[/FONT][/B] - LED lighting solutions for the Prosumer, Commercial and Entertainment Industries.
    Doing pixels first since 2009 with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAt6A98lXQw"]just another megatree.[/URL]
    Follow us on Facebook at [url]www.facebook.com/stellascapes[/url]
    web: [url]www.stellascapes.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrpackethead View Post
    Thats the place we should met
    Alice Springs? :p
    2010 - Goal: Few thousand LED lights, 100% DC, all dimmable
    [QUOTE]Do you think that one day perhaps they might
    Find that Christmas
    Is kind of a disease?[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Cheater. I will offer next year to hold a Mini here once I get the shed extension done. I was hoping to get it done last year, but $ and time caused that to be delayed lol

I'd love a Sydney mini, but would also love a QLD one too. I know theres more Victorians that are active here, but us New South Welshmen are building in numbers too

IF, and thats a BIG IF I can get the week off from work (I work that weekend) my wife has given permission to go to the mini once again - I'll be going alone, so if anyone wants a lift from NSW, or melbourne airport, I'll see what I can do (VE SV6 sommodore, so not TOO rough of a ride lol).

Assuming I can go, I'll probably leave Thursday, drive to Albury, spend the night, drive to Melb on Friday. Stay Fri, Sat, Sunday & head back on the Monday - probably all the way back in 1 day.

Any suggestions of accomodation about $100 a night thats NOT the Formula 1 in Dandenong North would be appreciated lol

Dave

Edit: Oh if this happens, & you want a lift - No $ for the lift, you get your own accomodation (We can decide whats the best option together). I drive & pay for fuel (Novated lease), and have lost 0 points, 0 accidents since I gained my licence 25 years ago.
    Last edited by daviddth; 01-24-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    2011: The year of the pixels, LED's and glowing balls!
    [url]http://www.lithgowlights.com/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daviddth View Post
    and have lost 0 points, 0 accidents since I gained my licence 25 years ago.
    That just means you don't drive hard enough!:D
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

I drive & pay for fuel (Novated lease), and have lost 0 points, 0 accidents since I gained my licence 25 years ago.
    ???? I can't get around town without getting my photo taken by Mr Brumby's cameras!!!

OK, the ISLAND has spoken, 5/6 June. Location TBA.
    [B]John[/B]
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com[/url] General Site
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com/zencart/[/url] Online Store

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Have marked in the diary - will ask all the powers that be if I can have some time off. Will crunch some numbers to see if I can afford it! Going to Sydney in 3 weeks to see Top Gear live and that's going to be a bit expensive - mind you the mini will be just swapping cars with lights . . . . either way it's still just a bunch of middle aged blokes prattling on . . . . *duck*. :p

PS - Dave - I was sooooooooo looking forward to staying in Dandy again!!
    Ugh, this year will be too busy. I'd like to buy a vowel and more time please.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions of accomodation about $100 a night thats NOT the Formula 1 in Dandenong North would be appreciated lol
    There are some places in the city that charge by the hour :mrgreen: aparently.... (just in case you are interested)

I stayed at the Downtowner on Lygon street (awesome for dinner!) for $99pn.. Motel Ringwood (nr. wjohn).. in fact "motel <anything>" will probably be around $99..
    There are plenty of backpackers (Victoria Hall/CBD; StKilda;) that do rooms @ $30-80/night (ah yea... backpackers.. I remember when... sigh )Try wotif.com.au (can't select that far away yet)

I work in Dandenong so share your sentiments.. I've driven past that place a number of times wondering who would stay there.. a connundrum no longer

I'd suggest once we establish where.. then the sleep can be dealt with..
    I am happy to lend you my swag or one of my many tents for the night if you have somewhere to pitch it.. (sorry it doesn't come with the blonde-chick-that-can-cook any longer.. I married her

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast