Thread: grinch

Post Thanks / Like

Default grinch

Next year I'm going to decorate my yard on the "Grtinch" theme so I started to sculpt me a Cindy Lou Who tell me what you think?? Thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...047.1083221203
    request friend put forum in the notes
    [url="freewebs.com/blinkythehouseelf"]Rock Bottom Christmas Website[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: grinch

I think your going to have fun!!!
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    I think your going to have fun!!!

Thank you I was going to do plywood cut outs of the who village too with my 3d grinch I made years ago

here is the grinch head http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...ehead206-1.jpg

***but I was needing some feed back on how cindy looked Thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=photo_comment

Onalaska Wa. (about 30 miles south of Olympia)
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lynn, your sculptures look awesome. I added you on FB too, I play frontierville (so does my wife) and saw that you play. I cannot comment on your photos though, so I will do it here. Because you are looking for critique, I have some suggestions. First let me start by saying, there is no way in the nine hells I could even come CLOSE to the talent you have.

That being said, on to the suggestions.

Your sculpture's eyeballs are round, and in all the pictures of her that I have seen, her eyeballs are oblong, usually located in the upper areas of her eyes.

Her ears are much too pronounced. None of the original drawings I have seen of her in the Dr. Seuss books even show her ears outside of that mop of blonde hair she has.

The upper part of her eye socket is a little too high, she needs a tad more separation between her eye sockets and her eyebrows. Maybe flatten out the top of the eye socket a bit for her eyebrows.

Her nose and her mouth are perfect. and I hope you take the criticism as intended.
    [I]I dont have a signature.[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gebbinn View Post
    Hi Lynn, your sculptures look awesome. I added you on FB too, I play frontierville (so does my wife) and saw that you play. I cannot comment on your photos though, so I will do it here. Because you are looking for critique, I have some suggestions. First let me start by saying, there is no way in the nine hells I could even come CLOSE to the talent you have.

That being said, on to the suggestions.

Your sculpture's eyeballs are round, and in all the pictures of her that I have seen, her eyeballs are oblong, usually located in the upper areas of her eyes.

Her ears are much too pronounced. None of the original drawings I have seen of her in the Dr. Seuss books even show her ears outside of that mop of blonde hair she has.

The upper part of her eye socket is a little too high, she needs a tad more separation between her eye sockets and her eyebrows. Maybe flatten out the top of the eye socket a bit for her eyebrows.

Her nose and her mouth are perfect. and I hope you take the criticism as intended.
    Thanks so Much for your comments on Cindy.. The only way I learn is by comments that people make so Thanks for the critique and I made you a friend so you can comment now on Photos and My work on FB and I would be glad to play the games with you.

Back to cindy I did try the oblong eyes in her and it looked funny to me. so that is way I went with round. yes I know cindy doesnt have ears just thought i would try something new there and I will fix her forehead between the eyes and Hugs Happy New Year