Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I Live in Huntsville Alabama, And im going to just try this out his year, with a small, 16 channel display, with my own controller and possibly software (if i can write it fast enough) Since I cant find any software for OSX or linux (I can't stand windows) So I hope to be pretty busy for the next couple months :p

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and good luck! Above all have fun!!!!
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I am RJ and I live in a little town in central florida named Avon Park. I began January of 2007 and have been working to put my show together from then on. I am more on the electronics end of it so I design and build my own equipment from scratch which I make avalible to users here. So far this year I have developed the LedTricks LED panel, The Grinch on/off controller, The Robo Light robotic full color LED spotlight, the Grinch DMX convertor which allows you to run grinches and 595 from DMX, and The LYNX DMX light dimmer. All of which is being used in my display. As I am addicted to the stuff already I truely expect to release almost as much next year as my list for development is already long for next year. My display this year will consist of approximately 20,000 lights on 216 channels of DMX. this includes 4 20' leaping light arches with 1400 lights each and 2 Robo Color Spot lights and 3 LedTriks Led boards. If there is anything I can do to help you in any way please feel free to contact me.
    RJ

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy, My name is Ryan Strayhorn. I live in Byron Center, MI. I am 15, I own my own business ( www.acpentertainment.com ) and my own display ( www.christlights.org ). My display has 32 channels this year (first). The display this year uses 5 computers, and 25,000 lights.
    Ryan Strayhorn
    [url]www.christlights.org[/url]
    [url]www.acpentertainment.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome friend!
    Jeff
    13th original member

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ive been lurking around for years... so I suppose I'll introduce myself:

I'm Joey (19), I live in Wichita, Kansas
    I'm a mechanical engineering student at Wichita State University

I am planning a 64 channel display this year powered by Vixen (thanks!), a coop 595 (thanks!), and parts coop (thanks!), I'm making my own version of the "outlet strip" SSR's (credit to robert stark)

Hope for success this year, I've got enough parts to double channels for next year

Thanks to everyone, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi all

Hello, Oregon Ohio resident here, completely new to computerized lighting displays but not to christmas lights. My wife and I just bought ourselves a house and moved out of a tiny apartment this year. I am starting the plans for halloween and christmas for Next year now that i have the space to decorate with more than 8 strings.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new home. Welcome to the board. We are glad to have you here and hope you visit often.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I'm Matthew and I'm in the Ft. Worth, Texas area.

Last year I began designing an FPGA-based 128 channel dimming controller. I couldn't get it finished in time for the season so I'm trying again this year.
    There sure as hell *are* user-serviceable parts inside!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All Xmas light fans

My name is Finn, and I live in a small village on the nose of Jutland in Denmark.
    I have looked on this Christmas lights controlde by the computer, for quite some time now, on the different home pages as well on YouTube.
    I know none in Denmark, who have tried it yet.
    So why not me, I'll try out with eighter a 8 channel or 16 channel controler, depending of how many SolidState relays I can get my hand on.

I have also looked a bit on the Grinch controler on your page, but I was not able to find a printboard layout, and I think it would be quite expencive to post it for Denmark.
    Reason, I tried to buy some Christmas stuff, on Ebay, but had to say no, duet to the fact that post and packing exceeded the price of the item twice.

So if possible to find the printboard layout somewhere, I like to hear from you.

I have already played a little with the Wixen software, it's great fun.

Best regards

Finn :D
    Xmas light forever

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast