Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1003

Thread: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Welcome. Alot of knowledgeable on the forums. So getting started in the right direction isn't going to be hard.
    Thank You for your Services!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimberz View Post
    Hey all,

I'm Patrick, from Atlanta,Ga. I've been on DIYC since last December but never posted anything. I work at one of the busiest emergency departments in the nation as a trauma and critical care nurse. I also work on a mobile stroke unit, an ambulance with a CT machine that goes to your house, etc etc.

I got on DIYC because I live in a country club that is very competitive and serious with their Christmas lights and I never really got into Christmas lights until the last year or so. My point is, nobody here sequences their lights or uses pixels or advanced LEDs like what I see yall doing. I want to use this to my advantage and put on an awesome show and to get ahead of the competition .

Any and all advice is welcome. What you all do is extremely impressive, and seems daunting of an undertaking, but I'm eager to learn.

Thanks for having me.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Patrick, I am also new here and the people and forums have been a ton of help to me. Enjoy your new hobby, and I am sure your neighbors will love what you put together.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimberz View Post
    Any and all advice is welcome
    Click on "the beginning" up top , click new topic and write us post about your timeframe, budget and what you think is "cool". include a pix of the property.. Several of us will chime in with ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Another new guy here. I'm researching doing my house outline so I don't have to get on the roof twice a year with all my safety gear. My wife wants me to do Halloween lights now and I'm not doing it 4 times a year so I'm looking into setting up a permanent house outline that is low visibility when not in use. I have about 500 linear feet of roof line I need to consider for this and am trying to see if it makes sense financially. I work in the tech industry and have been a DIY person all my life. I have had jobs soldering, building furniture, metal working, CAD etc... I have the skills and just need to know how to get started. I've researched here and elsewhere and keep going down different rabbit holes. One pixel type doesn't work well with a controller x etc... I'm hoping I can find a good guide for the simple setup I need. Looking forward to getting this project designed!

Darren

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you have a good handle on the mechanics of the problem. Look at the AUS christmas site. They have an excellent 101 for working with pixels.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

HEY!,

Yet another new person joining the hobby from the UK. Iv previously only done Halloween displays full DMX but I'm really thinking about getting into Pixels ready for the 2020 holidays. There is so much to learn here but I can see I'm in the right place to do it! I look forward to getting involved and speaking to some of you wonderful people.

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jamie. I assume you mean Christmas 2020 (14 months from now). Trying to put together a complex show between now and the end of November would be a real test of your skills and resolve. Simple color changing / pleasing patterns is very doable.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisfeatures View Post
    HEY!,

Yet another new person joining the hobby from the UK. Iv previously only done Halloween displays full DMX but I'm really thinking about getting into Pixels ready for the 2020 holidays. There is so much to learn here but I can see I'm in the right place to do it! I look forward to getting involved and speaking to some of you wonderful people.

Jamie
    Welcome Jamie ... somewhat new here aswell . The support here is amazing good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Welcome Jamie. I assume you mean Christmas 2020 (14 months from now). Trying to put together a complex show between now and the end of November would be a real test of your skills and resolve. Simple color changing / pleasing patterns is very doable.
    Yes Christmas 2020, Iím still not ready for Halloween next week so I definitely will not be attempting this year Once Halloween is over I will choose my weapon (xlights or vixen) and see what I can come up with. Iíve already been looking at controllers and Iím quite keen to try a DIY one I have recently seen on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go.
    After being a silent member so far and reading tons of information here on forum it's my turn to say hello from Germany.

I got hooked to that stuff end of last Christmas, after seeing lots of amazing Christmas light shows on Youtube.
    I started to ask myself how that crazy stuff works and if I'm able to manage it myself. In Germany pixel light shows are not really popular, people here rather like the static decoration on their houses.

My Goal was to set up 2 Megatrees (180 degrees, 16 Strands). Just for trying purposes.
    Well, couple of months later after reading lots of forums, articles, after cursing and asking many of (stupid) questions, my trees are almost done and in fact doing what I want them to do. Of course I'm miles from bein perfect, but i hope to get more practice over the years.

If my little light show goes well this Christmas, I plan to get bigger and brighter next year, of course.

My newbie setup is:
    1800 pixels controlled by teensy 3.2 board, programmed on vixen lights and played on a RasPi as showplayer.

On that way, I'd like thank the guys who replied on my questions and helped me a lot.

Cheers
    Last edited by Humbug; 11-05-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast