Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 961 to 967 of 967

Thread: WELCOME!!!!!!!

  1. #961
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Hello all!

    My name is Eddie and I live in IL, outside of Chicago. My wife was complaining about wanting lights this past Christmas season, but I had never put any up in my life, and thought the static ones were too boring anyway. Instead of investing more money in more plain lights, I decided to start researching this stuff, and am already hooked on it without even making a purchase.

    Logically, my brain wants to start small and slowly expand (maybe a nice LED Christmas wreath on the garage and string some LEDs along its outline), but my heart wants to go out and have a mega tree ready by this Christmas. I'm not a handy guy, so I don't really own any major power tools. I feel like this is going to cost me a LOT of money up front, as I need tools to get stuff built, and then the purchasing of the actual lights setup.

    One question I do have about it something I haven't run into any videos of or in my research; I know there are pixel matrices that can be purchased as panels, but is there a way they can play pixelated versions of video clips? I want to incorporate snippets of music videos in my display (some day), but haven't seen anything close to a video being played. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? I haven't dug into this forum yet, so maybe I'll find it here, but asking now since it's part of the reason I joined.

    Thanks in advance for your help, and for creating this forum!

    Eddie

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Welcome!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDummeh View Post

    One question I do have about it something I haven't run into any videos of or in my research; I know there are pixel matrices that can be purchased as panels, but is there a way they can play pixelated versions of video clips? I want to incorporate snippets of music videos in my display (some day), but haven't seen anything close to a video being played. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? I haven't dug into this forum yet, so maybe I'll find it here, but asking now since it's part of the reason I joined.

    Thanks in advance for your help, and for creating this forum!

    Eddie
    There’s actually a whole forum for that!

    Incorporating Video In a Display
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...&share_type=sf
    Last edited by kdoyon; 01-31-2018 at 08:35 PM.

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hudson MA
    Posts
    2,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Lots of people use video clips in their shows. Both Vixen and xLights have mechanisms to ingest an MP4 file and incorporate it into your sequence. You will need something like a mega tree or a matrix to be able to play video.


    2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Welcome!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kdoyon View Post
    There’s actually a whole forum for that!

    Incorporating Video In a Display
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...&share_type=sf
    Thanks, kdoyon!

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Lots of people use video clips in their shows. Both Vixen and xLights have mechanisms to ingest an MP4 file and incorporate it into your sequence. You will need something like a mega tree or a matrix to be able to play video.
    Awesome! I knew I had to either have a mega tree or matrix (both of which I'm contemplating for this year), but didn't know if there was a way to import snippets into the software. I'll actually have to download the software now and play around...thanks!

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Hello All,
    My name is Jesse and I live in Baytown TX (28 miles east of Houston). 2018 is my first year doing any light show (Christmas). I am going to attempt a Trans Siberian Orchestra themed show this year.

    I jumped head first into this and did not check the depth of the water, wow eye opener. I was going to start with just 1 or 2 props and add to it each year to phase out my old lights, well........... My online ordering took over and now I have 3500 pixel lights (500-C9's and 3000-bullets). I will be running a Rasberry pi 3, sound mixer, fm transmitter (need to order), and 3-SD E682's. I will have 1-tall and 2-shorter mega trees, 4-mini trees, 4-snowflakes, front roof line, and 6-windows covered and segmented into 7 sections.

    I looked more at hardware/props and sequencing was a second thought, thank goodness I started in January. I had no idea the sequencing was going to be so time consuming.

    I will say I couldn't be happier with the decision to do this. I am a hands on fabrication type and not much on the technical side, so I'm sure once I have everything set up, many questions will come your way.

    Any recommendations and/or tips are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sauk City, WI USA
    Posts
    795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by arm166 View Post
    Hello All,
    My name is Jesse and I live in Baytown TX (28 miles east of Houston). 2018 is my first year doing any light show (Christmas). I am going to attempt a Trans Siberian Orchestra themed show this year.

    I jumped head first into this and did not check the depth of the water, wow eye opener. I was going to start with just 1 or 2 props and add to it each year to phase out my old lights, well........... My online ordering took over and now I have 3500 pixel lights (500-C9's and 3000-bullets). I will be running a Rasberry pi 3, sound mixer, fm transmitter (need to order), and 3-SD E682's. I will have 1-tall and 2-shorter mega trees, 4-mini trees, 4-snowflakes, front roof line, and 6-windows covered and segmented into 7 sections.

    I looked more at hardware/props and sequencing was a second thought, thank goodness I started in January. I had no idea the sequencing was going to be so time consuming.

    I will say I couldn't be happier with the decision to do this. I am a hands on fabrication type and not much on the technical side, so I'm sure once I have everything set up, many questions will come your way.

    Any recommendations and/or tips are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
    welcome to the craziness!

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •