Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1060

Thread: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorenth View Post
    I plan to use an older dedicated laptop.
    Just so it isn't your sequencing PC, you will be fine. You will find you might want to tweak the sequences while the show is running. That can be hard to figure out how to turn what off when and the load of sequencing might impact the show. So, best to have a separate player.
    BTW/FYI, the rPi is one evening of setup and then it just kind of runs itself. It really is a great appliance. With power and SD Card, it is about $100 all in. A good choice for player. And uploading new sequences and adding them to a playlist is a piece of cake.

I can see a nice AC show for your yard. The trees and bushes in particular will work great as well as some of the wireframe props. It might be harder with the blow ups but some people have separated the blower from the lights and blinked the lights and some only use blow ups in specific sequences (snowman only blowed up for Frosty etc).

Will you be sequencing to music or just some animations? Transmitter or speakers will be needed for "to music" but nice animations can be done without.

I like to point people here when they start with AC lights. https://www1.lightorama.com/4-x-4-decorating/ It is a good general idea but don't get hung up on the the "4" thing. If you have 3 trees - use them as one of the groups.

Final suggestion is to be prepared to use a few more power cords. SPT2 with Gilbert plugs work great for that as you can make the cords the length you need them.

Open up a new thread if you have specific questions about your display.

Post Thanks / Like

I am back.
    Hi all after a lengthy period away of just doing the same thing over and over again and in fact slowly making my display smaller as items broke,, I am now in the right position to enjoy this mad hobby again.
    Firstly we moved out of Sydney to a near by regional centre.
    Instead of a two story house where ppl could only see the top floor due the land slope, we now have a single story corner block that gradually slow away to the front road.

My good wife even suggest we could add some new displays here, and asked about ppl walking through the front gate around to the side drive way. Kool to have that sort of support.

So this year will be what I can pull of pretty quickly. I know my Beth Star is out as I need to add mounting posts in my roof to mount is up there.
    Stay Safe, Stay sane, enjoy like.
    Matthew
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. I hope you can a happy display.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...... I am a real newbie here. I am an old timer, who until 4 years ago, was still using incandescent strings and wire frame displays, but now have numerous factory produced LED wire frames in my yard.

I just don't understand how to fix them when a[non replaceable bulb] in a string, or several lights go out.

Can someone show me where to get the basics, please ? a lot of my displays have lights out......

I need to know what the components are, and how to replace them.

Thanks in advance.
    SANDMAN.1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!! It has been a while since I have been here. A lot has changed and I am getting back into the hobby! I gave away all my display lights, controllers, etc when I moved. I am now starting over from scratch and going full pixel! This is going to be a learning curve for me again, and I am looking forward to the challenge. I see some familiar names are still here helping out! That is awesome.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Cheers!
    Brian
    2012: Joined and learning... RenSS16.
    2013: Planned 88 channels not including the pixel tree...

Proud [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] user.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

Just getting started here. Hoping to outline the house and the garage for the first year, then add on things like animated trees and animated face/mouth/eyes as I get more familiar. I'm in Los Angeles, CA (Redondo Beach) and make my living as an aerospace engineer.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the fun. I suggest you go to the AUS Christmas site and read the 101 on pixels. Then start asking questions. Lots of people here with lots of knowledge and experience.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quick introduction for new to pixel lights user. My brother in law runs Vixen and got me started. i have purchased all the lights , built a pwr supply box with controller and setup up some sequences. Still not 100% but getting there . still need assistance with universes/outputs and channels so to speak.

Anyhow look forward to reading all the comments and threads in here and looking forward to some help from the forum users

Post Thanks / Like

What controller are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome message. Happy to join this forum.

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106