PDA

View Full Version : My Successful First year

scrambler_001
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Well I built it all last year and had it all packed away. Got it out a few days before Thanksgiving and set up over the next 4 days and viola all is working great.

I had to trouble shoot a parallel port config problem on the computer that runs the show but all is fine since them.

Thanks to all here from sending the boards to having BOMS built for parts it really made it as simple as possible to get it all together and running.

I have 5 songs programmed that I worked on throughout 09 and vixen made that an interesting job. A great program I think and not to hard to get used to.

The only problem I'm having at this point is 2 channels on my system seem to be getting a small amount of power continuously because my lights on those 2 are dimly lite the whole time the show was running last night. I'll do some troubleshooting on it tonight to see if I can discover if it's the ssr's or and IC on the grinch that is faulty. I'll try changing the SSR first to see and if that doesn't fix it I'll swap out the IC for that group of channels. Either way it shouldn't be too hard to pin it down if it is I'll post back.

Till then to all here a Very Very Happy Holiday season and thank you very much for everything.

Jim in Barefoot Bay Florida.

P.S. Because of the really nasty wet weather we have here all my SSR's are in the house. I did this for two reasons. Highly Corrosive SALT air from the ocean tends to play havoc with computer gear outside and Heavy rains of 1-3 inches per hour at times. I didn't think it would have been a good choice for me to put the SSR's outside in the driving rains and corrosive air here. LOL Of course that means using a lot more electrical cables but better safe than sorry I thought.

scrambler_001
12-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Turns out the problem with the 2 channels was just a data error in the controller or so I think. When the system restarted today the lights for those channels were working correctly.

A big thanks to WJohn for supplying the boards. I couldn't have accomplished anything with out those as well.

LOL