PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder, EQ / bass and treble control

Mrplow123
11-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey KC,

Just wanted to bring thsi up again. I brought it up at the begining of the year and just wanted to refrsh your memory. I know you ahve been busy chasing gremlins and bugs. I would really like to see a bass and treble control in vixen for the music. The computer I use for running the show does not have any bass or treble control for the sound card, so I can not adjust it. Thi is not a problem when listening to music through Winamp, because winamp has an EQ.

this is not a needed item to run the show thi year, but it would be nice.

thanks again, and keep up the good work.

RJ
11-02-2007, 07:50 PM
If KC can't get it done this year for you heres one suggestion. download audacity from the web for free and load the music in it. use the effects to raise or lower bass / treble as you want. and then export it back out. Being digital you do not really have generation loss of quality and you can make it sound like you want without this at least for now. I added some bass to a few songs of my show and it worked great.

Mrplow123
11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I used Acid 6 to edit 6 songs into one long song so the songs mix and fade into eachother. I feel this makes for a more seemles show. I did do some editing of the bass and treble settings, but i wont know how it sounds untill i get the FM trasmitter setup. I just think it would be nice to be able to do this on the fly within Vixen. But this is a good temporary solution.

thanks

KC
11-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm sure there's got to be a way for me to do that in fmod, I just don't know what it is. If anyone with more fmod experience knows of a good way to adjust frequency bands in fmod, feel free to make a spectacle of me.

fcky529
11-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd suggest routing your audio output through an external EQ, you can find them cheap of free because not too many people use that "big 'ol stereo" anymore other than in the garage. Remember the ones that the receiver used to rout through with the tape monitor?

NogginBoink
11-04-2007, 02:03 AM
A quick look at the API documentation (I've never used this API) suggests a call to

System::createDSPByType(FMOD_DSP_TYPE_PARAMEQ) and building a FMOD_DSP_PARAMEQ struct should do this.

IMHO, there are probably other enhancements that you could build that would impact a larger audience. This particular problem can be solved outside of Vixen. (Not that I don't want Vixen to be the end-all be-all tool for everyone, it's just that the season is rapidly approaching and we're all waiting to see what goodies you're going to deliver to us!)

KC
11-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh I understand that, don't worry. I'm very mindful of the approaching deadlines. I just couldn't find a quick and easy approach.