Channel 15
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/10906726.html

This is Halloween
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6n8fQlerk

Witch Doctor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmm1iN39seI

Purple People Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-RcpdTP25k

The tv report got 'most' of it correct. They were a little high on the number of channels currently used in the display, and a little low on the number of people nationwide that are doing this.

- Michael

zaker
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Very nice Michael!

tom

Macrosill
10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Wow, Great Job Michael. Its always a treat to see one of us on TV.

katie
10-31-2007, 03:56 PM
That is a really nice display. I really like the way you set it up. Those ghosts are adorable.

XmasInGalt
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Great job Michael. Let us know when you get your Christmas show posted online.

kkmm
10-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Awesome job Michael! The XMUS boards look great! Displays ok too. :lol:

Really, totally awesome.

RJ
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
AWESOME!

biffklg
10-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Great job, awesome to see a local guy on the tube! Did she say 20 people across the country? I think shes a bit off there!

jmelvin
10-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Did she say 20 people across the country? I think shes a bit off there!

20 is a bit of an understatement. How many members do we have here alone! I think from here on out if one is to be interviewed by a local TV station we should plug this site and KC for his Awesome software.

Macrosill
11-01-2007, 07:27 AM
O concur Captain!

Michael
11-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments.

The TV did a pretty good job on their reporting, but like most news reports they are about 90% correct. I said there were about 20 using the XMUS boards, but probably a few hundren or even thousands that do the holiday lighting.

I really pushed Vixen and that it was free, but none of that made it on the air. At least they did a cool picture in picture of the preview screen and live show. Next time I need to make a better preview picture, that one I did in about 2 minutes playing around with the software for the first time. It is amazing what you think is just a sample or test, and what ends up being used in production, sometimes for years in the software business.

Just hit the after Halloween sale for next years additions. It is hard to do not scarry displays, not many props out there. We had a lot of people thank us for not doing the blood and gore, but a family friendly one they could bring their little ones to see.

Now all I need to do is figure out what to do for Christmas. I should start planning that sometime soon.

- Michael

jmelvin
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Now all I need to do is figure out what to do for Christmas. I should start planning that sometime soon.

- Michael

Yes very soon, I'm going to start putting the lights up this weekend!

Anarchtica
11-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Congrats!

xmus
11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Michael,

I'm speechless, that was awesome. I love how they featured your whole family....

This hobby is going to EXPLODE next year. We are at the tip of the iceberg, I can feel it :)

I hit the after season sales today, picked up the basics....

I see singing pumpkins in my future :) And for the record, the 16 - 10" pumpkins you see here, are every single pumpkin Target had left. For $2.50 each. Hurah!

wjohn
11-02-2007, 02:43 AM
here is a couple of shots from last night.

The show was 64 channels. I had:

6 Singing Pumkins,
6 Backup Paper bag pumkins
A spider (with Red eyes)
UV lights,
Floods (150W) in Red, Blue, Green
12 x Strobes (LED)
Various LED MR 16 lights.

The show was 4 songs long, and we had a great turn out, the first Trick and Treaters arrived on MONDAY night, and we had more on Thurs (1 Nov).

The lights will stay on till Sunday night.

Cheers