PDA

View Full Version : Splicing 16 Function Mini Light Sets??

tsb09000
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Hello all! This is my first post so bear with me....

Last year I bought multiple sets of Holiday Time 150 Count 16 Function Mini Light Sets after Christmas since they were on sale. My plan was for this year to use individual clips for each bulb and go around my entire roof line around the house. Well today was the day...or so I thought. Come to find out, they only have a plug on one end so they can't be one continuous line of lights. My question is, can multiple sets (3, maybe 4) be permanently spliced together and the 16 function controller still work? I really like the lights and what all they can do but I hate to think I wasted my money on lights I will not be able to use.

Thanks!

will3ishere
11-22-2009, 07:15 PM
why not use extension cords. just a thought but it might be the easier solution

bmcgeeny
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Hello all! This is my first post so bear with me....

Last year I bought multiple sets of Holiday Time 150 Count 16 Function Mini Light Sets after Christmas since they were on sale. My plan was for this year to use individual clips for each bulb and go around my entire roof line around the house. Well today was the day...or so I thought. Come to find out, they only have a plug on one end so they can't be one continuous line of lights. My question is, can multiple sets (3, maybe 4) be permanently spliced together and the 16 function controller still work? I really like the lights and what all they can do but I hate to think I wasted my money on lights I will not be able to use.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want the one controller to run multiple sets wired together?

Simple answer no, controller probably won't handle it, plus, you would need to extend at least three wires from the controller to the tart of the second string, and three more to the next. and so on and so on

If yourlooking to pick up both sides of the 120 at the end of the string, again the answer is probably no. One wire is the neutral, the other is controlled by the controller, it would blink no mater what.

Why not do what I do with those, cut the 8 function controller off, wire it solid and run them with vixen.