PDA

View Full Version : 595 schematic - Brian Bresocnik version

hwrdmltn
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
OK - I may have missed it but I'm at my wits end - does anyone know where to find an 'electrical' schematic - NOT pcb file of the Brian Bresocnik 595 ver 2.4.1? For some reason I seem to have trouble finding schematics for some of these DIY boards, but have no trouble finding pcb layout files everywhere:rolleyes:

TIA

P. Short
11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
That's because some of the boards were created in expresspcb by free-entry, without any relevant schematic file. This is especially true of the earlier boards.

RavingLunatic
11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Some of the board designers prefer(red) to work directly from the PCB layout software (as Phil said) and therefore never felt the need to create a schematic. This habit usually shows up in the silk screen when they don't use unique identifiers for each component.

Some DIYC members who occassionally get too much time on our hands will create a schematic when we get a new board. I drew up one for Brian's board after I got my first one. Looking at it now I would probably redo it to make it more pleasant to the eye and/or more like a normal schematic.

It it helps you, enjoy.

hwrdmltn
11-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Thank you RavingL. That is exactly what I was looking for.
"Ask and ye shall receive"

:D

In retrospect, I did not conceive the notion that a design could be fabricated without the "schematic" step - old school learning on my part. In any event I appreciate every ones contribution to this great informative forum, including the board designers. I am not an expert, but I see some great innovation on this forum with excellent ideas abound.
Who'd a thunk it? I've heard that necessity is the mother of invention.

Macrosill
11-22-2009, 09:46 AM
This is the schematic provided by Peter Olsen when he designed the 1st Olsen 595 controller.