PDA

View Full Version : Our first attempt at....

hwrdmltn
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
trees. We made these from tomato cages and "garden fencing", similar to the How-To described by another member in the forum (their name escapes me at the moment). We are planning three small trees and two large. We have 300 on the small one and 600 on the large (each color is 100 on the small one and 200 each color on the larger one) - is that enough? Any comments will be welcome.

Thanx

dirknerkle
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Good job! They eat up a lot of zip ties, don't they?!?!

RichF
11-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Looking nice and natural.

Sky-Lights
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes they look good to me , but looking good to me , is not what matters . What matters is , as long as they look good to YOU ... thats what matters most ;)

hwrdmltn
11-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Thanks for checking these out and the comments. We are very pleased with the way they came out but were wondering if there are enough lights on the small tree. I have 3 channels - red, green, and white, but thought the small tree didn't have enough lights with only 100 per string, but we couldn't find 150 light sets (do they make them?) I felt that another fifty lights was needed before we start the other two little trees but was trying to reduce the number of connectors on the frame by using 150 sets instead of a 100 and a 50. I watched many videos of others show and love the look of them while they were being sequenced but everyone else seemed fuller and brighter.
Thanks to Anarchtica for this great idea and it went much easier than I thought. His tutorial was very clear and intuitive.
Now to tackle a 5 point star, lighting each segment separately

Great forum....

Sky-Lights
11-14-2009, 10:02 AM
One important factor when doing incan's ....
wattage/amperage .
Don't forget your limits ( don't want to be popping fuses/breakers left and right - :oops: )

tdx
11-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Looking good. I would say that you might consider adding some 50 ct. strings to the small tree, or possibly just adjusting some of them upwards, looks kind of like you have 70% of the bulbs in the lower half of the tree. The big trees are perfect in my opinion. From the mini's I've put together its a lot of trial and error to get them right, but great work so far :)

hwrdmltn
11-20-2009, 12:27 AM
thanx for the input - we agreed, tdx, and did re-do the smaller tree with an extra 50ct set on each channel - it looks much better now....:)

kiowamike
11-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Is there ever really enough lights?

kkmm
11-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Very Nice and no there is Never too many lights

Cheers Ken