PDA

View Full Version : LOR forum at DIYC?

Macrosill
11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
No, I have not gone mad. The moons have not aligned. It is not 2012. Judgement day has not arrived.

As DIYC obtains more exposure in the light animation community we find ourselves with more and more commercial product users. Some have been misinformed that commercial product users are not welcome here. Nothing can be further from the truth. Sure, DIYC is geared towards designing and building hardware but that does not me we have nothing to offer everyone. Nor does it mean others are not welcome here. All are welcome and all will always be welcome!

bmcgeeny
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
So you buy a controller already assembled and Vixen your way into it and build everything that plugs into it.

What's not DIYC about that. With a LOR plugin for Vixen your going to see more mix and match setups.

I think it's a great idea.

Now if you open up a swap and shop for blowmolds, we gotta talk!

budude
11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
So you buy a controller already assembled and Vixen your way into it and build everything that plugs into it.

What's not DIYC about that. With a LOR plugin for Vixen your going to see more mix and match setups.

I think it's a great idea.

Now if you open up a swap and shop for blowmolds, we gotta talk!

All kidding aside - Light-O-Rama has full kits available which really makes it nearly just as DIY as here - granted it costs a bit more and it's a closed architecture but just saying...

But on your second point - - yeah - - please - - no dedicated Blowmold forums - ever...... :rolleyes:

sjwilson122
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Blowmolds?, Did I hear someone say Blowmolds?!!!!

Aurbo99
11-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I want, no NEED, a plastic blowmold Santa on my roof!

It states it quite clearly in "Decorations"...

daviddth
11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
What???? Darn, time to check the weather forecast in Hell - http://hashellfrozenover.com/

Nope, wow.... ;)

FeathersEverywhere
11-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey, I can't solder worth a flip so putting my own board togther might not be something I would do....

But build light fixtures?....Build trees, and mega trees and pretty holders for all the sparkely things I have on my roof and in my yard....

Hack into my transmitter so they can hear my voice all over my neighborhood....NOW THAT IS DIY!

Oh, and I use LOR

Angel:D

ErnieHorning
11-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey, I can't solder worth a flip...If you lived closer, you would.:)

Oh, and I use LORIt's OK, we can help with that too. We're LOR friendly here, don't ya know.;)

Larry Hazeltine
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm mixing LOR and Renard this year. Built a mighty-mini LED flood that worked great for Halloween and have three more to assemble. You don't have to build it all yourself to be a DIYer, so an LOR section would fit right in.

tlorek
11-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree that the addition of a commercial products forum will benefit us all. It will attract individuals like Tim, whose mega tree ring I'm mimicking this year :)

The DIYC controllers have matured to the point where the next level of innovation (like floods, strips, etc) goes beyond the controller, and any other sharp minds we can lure in the better!

Good call, Brian!

P.S. I agree with the others...No blowmolds!!

g2ktcf
11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
P.S. I agree with the others...No blowmolds!!

Another "No Blowmolds" vote here!!!!!!!

Macrosill
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
OK, Blowmolds forum coming up!

ErnieHorning
11-03-2009, 10:57 AM
There’s nothing wrong with blowmolds. It seems that its one thing that makes my wife happy about my display.

I just need to figure out how to make them do something else besides just sit there. :twisted:

WireWrap
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
There’s nothing wrong with blowmolds. It seems that its one thing that makes my wife happy about my display.

I just need to figure out how to make them do something else besides just sit there. :twisted:

The name says it all. Just get a little C-4 and let 'em blow!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

This written before I saw a new contest on another thread. Must be a co-inky-dink or sumpin'.