PDA

View Full Version : Gonna test my grinch for the first time tonight woot

fathead45
10-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Well after almost a year of working on things i have finally got most things put together for my first test run. i have the :

power supply/benchtop built and working - check
1 grinch completly done(1 other one almost, just need 2 more chips) - check
6 SSR completed, mounted in boxs, and heatsinks on- check

now i just have to finish the pc tonight and i can run my first test woot. i have another 32 boards coming from 51ford when he gets them done but for now i can get started playing, lol. im not looking forward to having to drill all the boards. that is not gonna be fun. but in the end it will be well worth it.

my next list of things to get/build are going to be 2 ren-c's, another grinch to run 10mm led strobes, leds, and build some led strips for the roof. wow what a list and it will mostly have to wait til next year. ill post pics up and let you guys know how it goes.

fathead45
10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
well i went to start loading things on the pc i built and it kept asking for more stuff. so finally as im on sp3 for w2k, it crashed and died. so no testing last night other than pulling the rj45 jack out of the in of the grinch and was making the lights turn on that way, lol. so i got no blue smoke from any of my components, woot. so i hope tonight i can finish up the pc now and make it work so i can finally run my 2 min test.

fathead45
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
well i finally got a pc to work for me so i finally got to run this baby. all works great minus a few shotty solders on a rj jack. feel better to know i have a pc that will run vixen finally. now i just need the rest of my SSRneon and ill be set. time to start putting up lights and hope an pray i can finish the ssr's when i get them lol. man so much to do so little time lol.