PDA

View Full Version : Help vixen won't load

intwoit2002
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I have been running Vixen 2.1 for months. Today I launched it and a screen popped up that said "root element missing".

What could have changed. It also has been acting funny by locking up randomly, and freezing windows.

Hope some one has seen this.

Thanks,
Al

dirknerkle
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
You ever update Windows? Things can get ugly...

Try uninstalling dot net (not Vixen), rebooting the computer, reinstalling dot net, rebooting and then try Vixen again.

Do not just try reloading dot net over a preexisting version. It's best to uninstall it first.

ctmal
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
"root element" would lead me to believe it's an xml issue(although I don't know that much about it). I would try loading a fresh version of Vixen in another directory in case it's just a corrupt xml file. If that works you can copy your sequences to the new directory(I would do it 1 by 1 in case it's one of the sequences that's corrupt).

rstehle
10-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I had a similar, although not exactly the same, situation recently. I ended up using System Restore to go back about 2 months and Vixen ran fine. (must add that I don't turn that PC on very often, so there were not many recent restore dates to refer to, you probably won't have to go back that far)
One of the Windows, or .net updates messed things up.............

intwoit2002
10-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the info. did a restore and that problem stopped. I guess all updates are not created equal.

Al