PDA

View Full Version : need help please

quefol
10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
i have posted a thead earlyer about a ren-t trouble i am having i have replaced the voltage regulator u3 but still didnt help i have no zero cross signal i am starting to think it might be the ren-c im realy getting stressed here the christmas seson is coming and i still have a lot of work to do this is all i need is there any one who has a ren-c or some one who has time to dignose what is wrong if i send it you any help is apreciated.
thanks

bmcgeeny
10-07-2009, 06:55 PM
i have posted a thead earlyer about a ren-t trouble i am having i have replaced the voltage regulator u3 but still didnt help i have no zero cross signal i am starting to think it might be the ren-c im realy getting stressed here the christmas seson is coming and i still have a lot of work to do this is all i need is there any one who has a ren-c or some one who has time to dignose what is wrong if i send it you any help is apreciated.
thanks

It would be helpful if you included your location in your profile and a little more info about what your rent/renc/grinch is or isn't doing.

Experience tells me it is most likely cableing. The C and T are pretty simple.

quefol
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
im using a olson controler the controler is okay it works when i hook it to the parellel port but when i plug in the ren-c all the leds come on witch they should right then i turn on the ren t they all go out but the power led shouldnt the zero cross led flash i tryed new cables still nothing the only reason i suspected a problem with u3 on the ren-t was becuse it was generating a lot of heat and didnt know it was normal i tryed changing it out but still didnt we had a bad power failer now nothing wants to work mabye i will try to reflash the pic and see if that helps am located in Elfros Saskatchewan Canada

jpb
10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
There might be an easier way of generating the ZC than the REN T.

A number of us use the circuit described in this post.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5658

You should have the power led on at all times and the heartbeat led flashing when you have the ZC connected.

And now for the real dumb questions:
When you go from standard 595 to dimming mode you are moving the cable from the parallel port to the serial port aren't you?

Jon

dirknerkle
10-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes, you'd use the Renard serial connection.