PDA

View Full Version : Event Logging

nathank
10-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I have purchased two licenses which enable me to broadcast copyrighted music over a low power FM transmitter.

One of the requirements of the license is that on their request I need to be able to provide a song list which includes what was played and when.

I was thinking of writing a small external app and then calling it with the Launcher plugin for logging purposes.
If event logging is a feature that other people could benifit from then perhaps it could be implemented into the program?

Thanks in advance.

KC
10-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Just limited to what sequences were executed and when? Possibly also listing the details of that sequence, such as the audio and length?

nathank
10-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Well, initially I was thinking just the sequence name and a timestamp and then from that a songlist can be generated. After reading your response and further thought, if you could provide the audio file, length and timestamp that would be a great help!

Thanks again.

nathank
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey KC,

Do you think that this feature will be included anytime soon? No biggy if it's not, I'll just create an external application for logging which can be triggered via the Launcher plugin if need be.

Cheers!

KC
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I've already got it in for ya, bud. I'm justing waiting to hear back from a couple of people testing some things before I put the update out there.

nathank
11-13-2007, 10:12 PM
KC, you never cease to impress.

Do you have an eta for the update?

Macrosill
11-14-2007, 09:01 AM
I will look into my crystal ball and venture to say in a day or two.

KC
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Brian, the prognosticator of prognosticators, is correct in his statement. Beta 4 is on it's way up to the forum as I write this.