PDA

View Full Version : Strobe set possibility?

ccmmxx
09-15-2009, 01:28 AM
So I was googling around for some strobes, when I came across this: (http://www.pssl.com/American-DJ-Flash-Rope-Effects-Lighting-15-Ft)
http://www.pssl.com/images/ProdImage01/500/FLASH-ROPE.jpg

its cheaper to buy one of these compared to the $10 per strobe bulb you would buy elsewhere. it looks like setup would be easy, but may be a bit bulky when used in a mega tree.

I personally cant use them, But i thought i would share it with others on here.

These can also be found on ebay for a bit cheaper.

RPM
09-15-2009, 03:03 AM
I've got several of these to use for this years display and they seem OK.

They are not as bright as the individual strobes, but they are already wired and waterproof so they should be easier to hang.

cbell
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
That's funny because I just got my PSSL catalog last week and was looking through it this weekend and came across those.

RPM: do they fire randomly or all together?

dj merritt
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
these are random flash and has controlled speed I use them in my DJ business they are cool for fx

RPM
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
They are random fire at about 1hz per second. I'd like them to fire at about 2hz, but they are sealed and can't be opened otherwise I would modify them for a faster flash rate.

The other thing about them is they tend to all flash at the same time when they are first turned on, then after a couple of seconds they start to randomly flash.

Robert

Macrosill
09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
The other thing about them is they tend to all flash at the same time when they are first turned on, then after a couple of seconds they start to randomly flash.

Robert
The same thing happens when I turn on a single channel that has 25 strobes on it. They all flash in sync for a couple seconds.

dj merritt
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Starting at the same time would be due to the fact they all start from the same power supply , the controller is just for speed and each strobe has its own on board strobe timer which in a few seconds will make them strobe at dif intervels . anytime the strobe will be placed in a series/daisy chained this will happen . but it is a cool effect I have also placed them on my drum sets before when I would do a solo and it really enhanced the show .