PDA

View Full Version : Vixen Dimming Curves Download Library

Virtus
07-25-2009, 09:17 AM
If the DIYC File Library can support the hosting functions necessary to work with Vixen to contain the user created (and validated) custom dimming curves I think it would be a great place to share that resource. The area would need at least two divisions but possibly more. One for new, unvalidated (uncorroborated by ‘experts’) to be tested and verified at users own risk. A second for curves that are generally accepted as valid and representative of the resource it is named after. These would be tested and approved as meeting general guidelines for suitability. Of course, anyone can download whatever they want and edit away…but this would give first time users of dimming curves a solid place to start.

osgoor
07-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Can someone explain to us newbies what the custom dimming curve will do and how to use it? I downloaded the .exe and am not sure how it works.

Thanks

Virtus
07-26-2009, 10:25 AM
This video can explain why to it better/faster than anything I think. It was posted by Bill in February 2009.

VTzovZeV--g

Here is a link to a discussion (http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3319&highlight=current+draw) of the current supplied versus the visual effect on the light string.

oldcqr
07-26-2009, 01:19 PM
If the DIYC File Library can support the hosting functions necessary to work with Vixen to contain the user created (and validated) custom dimming curves I think it would be a great place to share that resource. The area would need at least two divisions but possibly more. One for new, unvalidated (uncorroborated by ‘experts’) to be tested and verified at users own risk. A second for curves that are generally accepted as valid and representative of the resource it is named after. These would be tested and approved as meeting general guidelines for suitability. Of course, anyone can download whatever they want and edit away…but this would give first time users of dimming curves a solid place to start.

If it won't/cant/whatever, I am happy to set up a couple of upload/download areas on my site for them (one for validated, one for not).