PDA

View Full Version : Channel event data

Macrosill
10-08-2007, 10:18 PM
We can copy channel event data from one channel to another in the same sequence. Can we get something that will copy the channel event data, from beginning to end of a sequence, to the clipboard so we can paste it into a different sequence.

stempile
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I would like something like that so that I can do the following:

One sequence with 192 channels. The top 128 are for my house, the bottom 64 are for my neighbors. My neighbor and I will both sequence out own channel sets, then combine them into a single sequence.

If anyone has a suggestion on the best way to do this, where he can sequence his part and I mine, the combine or run on multi engines with the same song, let me know.

Thanks
ms

Mrplow123
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Can we get something that will copy the channel event data, from beginning to end of a sequence, to the clipboard so we can paste it into a different sequence.

I do this all the time. I just highlight the section of the sequence that I want to copy, be it some or all of it, and then open the sequence I want to paste it into, and hit paste. It is that simple.

I use this method as a very helpfull tool for my sequencing. As I will cut and paste my more common effects into a blank sequnce and save it as, say, mega tree - red - spin counter clockwise. And I will keep all of the different sequences open in vixen, and just switch to the one I need, and copy the event data.

I guess 1 button that selects all of the event data and copys it would save a small amount of time.

cmurray
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Select your cells, right click and save as routine.
Name your routine and you can recall it later.

To insert you select a cell right click and Load a routine.
This will place the contents at the cursor.

Right click and Load routine to clipboard and you can paste multiple times.

Just FYI

JOel

Dan Ross
10-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I would like something like that so that I can do the following:

One sequence with 192 channels. The top 128 are for my house, the bottom 64 are for my neighbors. My neighbor and I will both sequence out own channel sets, then combine them into a single sequence.

If anyone has a suggestion on the best way to do this, where he can sequence his part and I mine, the combine or run on multi engines with the same song, let me know.

Thanks
ms

if you set up your sequence for 192 channels and set his up for 64 channels, then do your magic. Once you are both happy with your individual sequences put them both on the same computer. Then open vixen select "tools" from the toolbar, then select "copy sequence event data" select your neighbors sequence as the source sequence and yours as the destination sequence click apply then map his channels to the channels you have set aside for him in your sequence ( for example his channel 1 would be mapped to your channel 129)

KC
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I guess 1 button that selects all of the event data and copys it would save a small amount of time.
Easy enough to add to the channels' right-click context menu.