PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

wvengineer
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I just found out my grandfather's Cancer has returned, it has spread from where a kidney was removed 5 years ago to the stomach. its at Stage 4 and is un-curable, Chemo or radiotherapy wont do anything to help it. their are going to try a medication to attempt to put into remission to buy time...

Were hoping the medication will be able to stop further growth of the cancer cells.

life surely like to throw a curve ball now and then

For the ones that I have to still catch up on private messages ans emails. i have been spending alot of the time in the hospital.
I will try to catch up on emails as soon as i can

RonnieK
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Praying for you and your grandfather. May God help you help others through it all.

RonnieK

omzig
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I will be praying for your grandfather, you and your family. Family is first Tim, the PM's and e-mails can wait.

Warlock
04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
So sorry to hear about your Grandfather Tim..I hope the meds work for him..
My thoughts are with you and your family...Please keep us updated on how he is doing..

Blackbeard
04-10-2009, 04:53 AM
So very sorry to hear of this. I hope your grandfather is not in too much pain and that you both carry a wealth of hopefulness. I really wish for brighter days ahead for you both.

steve

g2ktcf
04-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Tim,

I lost my step father to cancer and I know what you are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Chris

thedementedelf
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
My thoughts and prayers are yours. I lost my Dad several years ago to cancer and I just had a couple of skin cancer spots removed. Keep the faith and God will do what's right

ppohlman
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandfather's cancer. It's tough to see (and hear) about good people that are faced with situations such as this. May your family be comforted at this time.

rice66
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I am very sorry for the family situation, I hope all goes well. Your family is in our prayers.
Rice66

wvengineer
04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Well he was just transferred to rehab to try to rebuild up some strength back into his muscles started on the medication to try to put the cancer into remission. he sleeps a lot and finally starting to eat a little more. we just hope the medication works out....

not sure when he will be able to go home. but i guess its a step in the right direction so far....

wvengineer
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
an update on his condition..

He is now home, still very weak,sleeps alot and is often cold... thay have him taking Nexvar for the cancer well see how the therapy works out... he has a physical therapist coming over 3 days a week along with a nurse to help him out as well.

Thanks for all the prayers
Tim

wvengineer
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Well today we got the bad news....

the Cancer doctors are taking him off of the Chemo medications. as with his weak condition and the advanced stages the cancer is in.. It is too late do anything.. at this point there isn't anything that can be done...

not sure how long it will be.

i'm just now trying to prepare mentally what eventually we would know would come. and try to enjoy the time we have left.
I dont know how I am going to handle when my 2yr old daughter asks for her pop pop, her favorite great grandpa

man this sucks.

T

Ronp
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
We all feel for you my friend.

My father in-law passed away when my Daughter was 3 and they were very close,
one thing that we did for years after that was on every special occasion( Holidays Birthdays )We would buy a helium balloon and we all wrote a note to Pa and
she let it go out in the yard . It would rise to heaven and grandpa could share the occasion.

Ron P

Wayne J
05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
We all feel for you my friend.

My father in-law passed away when my Daughter was 3 and they were very close,
one thing that we did for years after that was on every special occasion( Holidays Birthdays )We would buy a helium balloon and we all wrote a note to Pa and
she let it go out in the yard . It would rise to heaven and grandpa could share the occasion.

Ron P

Now that is heart touching!

RPM
05-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Tim,

I know these are hard times, but hang in there.

I recently lost my boss to cancer. He battled with it for two years and just when things looked like they were improving, everything went wrong.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and after three surgeries and chemo, we've been lucky that she's OK now.

The only thing you can do now is enjoy what time you have left with him and make him as comfortable as possible.

Your family is in our prayers.

Robert Martin

g2ktcf
05-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Tim,

Sorry to hear how things are going. The good side of this is that he will soon be in a much better place than we are now.

Chris

Warlock
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
So sorry to hear he is not doing well Tim..
It was said to me years ago that when someone tells you to go to hell you simply tell them you are already here...In no other place do you see the suffering,sickness,and dispair then we do while we are here..
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife...
God bless....
Joe...

P.S. Ron that is very touching (not being a goof) just what you said really made sence and also is simply brillant...Thank-you for that inspirational idea...
Joe..

chilloutdocdoc
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Tim,

I'm extremely sorry to hear of the news. I understand what it's like having lost my grandfather when I was only eight. When the time does come, you can know that all his trials of life will be over, but sadly so will the joys. I pray that your family and him have the best of last times together, and that peace may find its way into your home

wvengineer
06-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Have bad news to pass along, My grandfather succumb to the cancer and passed away Saturday 6/27 just shortly after 3pm.

He has been back in the hospital since this past Sunday

Been very bittersweet just last week I was in Miami for my younger
brothers wedding, and now a week later planning for a funeral.

The only thing I guess I can say is that he is in a better place without any of the pain he has endured these last few months.

Thanks for all the thoughts throughout this ordeal, i know I am gonna need them now.

WWNF911
06-28-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Tim.

Sorry for your loss.

Leon

sjwilson122
06-28-2009, 03:56 AM
My family and I send our deepest condolences. You and your family will be in our prayers. May god bless your Grandfather.

g2ktcf
06-28-2009, 03:57 AM
Tim,

Our prayers are with you and your family at this time. He is now pain free and in a much better place.

Chris

Macrosill
06-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Tim,
I know our words here can n0t even begin to help heal the pain you are feeling but please know how sorry we all are for your loss. Please express our condolence to all of your family.

Wayne J
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
My condolences for you and your family.

P. Short
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Tim,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

dirknerkle
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Tim,

God will never let you down. Trust in Him.

-dirknerkle

tlorek
06-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Tim,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

kiowamike
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
God bless you and your family. May He make his light to shine upon you.

toodle_pipsky
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
My condolences also. Hope you and your family find comfort in each other.

Penfold
06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry for you loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

chilloutdocdoc
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Tim I hope that in this sad time of grieving that you can remember all of the good times that you had with your grandfather. He truly is in a better place without pain and suffering, with only joy and happiness. My family's sincerest condolences go out to you and your family.

Josh

rstehle
06-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Tim I hope that in this sad time of grieving that you can remember all of the good times that you had with your grandfather. He truly is in a better place without pain and suffering, with only joy and happiness. My family's sincerest condolences go out to you and your family.

Josh

Josh, beautiful sentiment. My condolences Tim.

Warlock
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Tim...He is in a better place without any more pain or suffering..
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..
God Bless.
Joe...

dirknerkle
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi, Tim.

Just checking in... you doing okay???

wvengineer
07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
been getting by a day at a time...

my daughter asks for him everytime when we go over there, which is hard. have been been busy helping out my grandmother, we power washed the front porch a couple weeks ago,

This past weekend did electrical work and installed a motion light in the back yard and the garage.

Still have a alot of stuff to go through. between work and family have not had any time for myself, I am taking a much needed week off here in august to recharge my batteries

I do want to thank everyone that has emailed me or posted here, it means alot. I was hoping that he would have been alive to see this years display. this will be my first animated and he would have loved to see it. I guess he still will :) at least he will have a good seat.

My uncle just started with his treatment this week, last week they put a stint in his throat,and has some complications from it, he also starts chemo this week as well. were all hoping he gets better. my uncle also lives in town with his family. so have been trying to visit when we can.

WWNF911
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
I know the feeling Tim. I wish my dad had the chance to see my display. Thank God the little one's are around to remind everyone else who are busy running around with their agendas and schedules that they really have left a void and are missed very much. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in, well,... just life that it's all too easy to forget. It does get easier. I know what that sounds like, but it's true. It may be too soon for you, but I found extra energy setting up and completing the display last year because I decided to dedicate it to my brother-in-law who won his battle to see the Lord.
I hope you have a good re-charge.
Take care Tim.

Leon