PDA

View Full Version : Deck balusters...mini bellagio??

51fordf2
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a nice deck, that's very visible from the street. I'm thinking of wrapping every two balusters, with lights, similar to leapers. That would give me columns about 3 foot tall. Has anyone ever done this? If I did it right, I could have it look like playing the piano...or a spectrum analyzer...or??? Not very easy to see in this picture, but maybe you can get the idea...

http://www.crbest.com/christmas/houseforforum.jpg

R

Warlock
04-01-2009, 07:42 PM
If you program it to the question I was asking yesterday then it will work for whichever way you choose to use it.It takes normal lights and makes em look like those effects..A really cool look...

Virtus
04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
If you want it to look like piano keys be sure to leave the lights out of the "black keys" section. The 2-3-2-3 pattern of black keys is very recognizable.

Sloanhaus
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
you are better off buying some small pvc, wrapping the pvc, and attaching the pvc. Couple reasons to do this. You can wrap the pvc pipes throughout the year, than when christmas comes, you can just attach them to each ballaster. Take down and put up is going to be much easier as it will take quite a bit of time to wrap the ballister. Each year, all you have to do is attach the pvc pipes. I wrapped my columns on my house and it took forever, so I now use plastic chicken wire, its much faster and much easier.

Brad