PDA

View Full Version : Changes and updates to the Christmas Wiki

wvengineer
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I categorized the display construction area and added a new section called "Going Green" that will emphasize LED lighting...

I wanted to add a section on wirekats MR-16 leds and Matt's porta flood design and other led lighting designs.

Being that leds are creeping more and more into our designs that it was only natural to have a section dedicated to this topic. I do not have a portaflood pcb yet... or any other led setups so please send me a PM for images and ideas to build this out... I plan on using the schematics and instructions on Matt's design.

I also added information to the Protocol pages pertaining to RS-232 to RS-422/485

Feel free to edit any of my work if I had made any mistakes anywhere...

Thanks
Tim

WWNF911
03-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Looks good Tim!

Leon

wvengineer
03-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Just added a section on External USB serial adapters RS232 or RS485

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Compatible_Serial_Adapters

can be found under links in the hardware section....

phenagan
03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
You can add IOBit's multiport USB to RS232 adapters to that list. I've used the 8 port one successfully.

wvengineer
03-24-2009, 12:07 AM
do they have a website, tried to Google it but found nothing...

phenagan
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
OOPS - that should have been IONetworks! IOBit is software company that makes a really nice registry repair utility. The website is www.digi.com (they were aquired by Digi a while back). Look for the Edgeport products...

wvengineer
03-24-2009, 03:59 PM
ah the digi cards yea I have used a few hundred of those in my old RAS dialup server days....
very reliable products... we had a ton of digi boxes on 450 usrobotics 336 dial up modems...
when i left we already had them in service for 7 years not a single failure...

are you talking about their edgeport products?