PDA

View Full Version : Can not address channels 1-32

leroylee13
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I built the firegod system and using the code for sinking. I am using 3 shunts, leaving open the bank I want to address. By moving the shunts and leaving different pins open I can address banks 2,3, and 4 but when I leave the pins open for bank 1 it still acts as though pins for bank 2 are open. It is acting the same on all of the field modules. All channels on all boards work, I just can't get any to recognize bank 1 which is channels 1-32.
I have inspected the soldering and verified the parts and placement but all looks good. And since all are doing the same thing, it doesn't seem like a soldering problem.
I am using Vixen 2.0 and using the channel test.
Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

P. Short
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
The problem is maybe not a workmanship problem on the field modules if they are all doing the same thing...I would guess it to be a problem on the main module. Take a closer look there.

FireGod
03-21-2009, 11:04 AM
I built the firegod system and using the code for sinking. I am using 3 shunts, leaving open the bank I want to address. By moving the shunts and leaving different pins open I can address banks 2,3, and 4 but when I leave the pins open for bank 1 it still acts as though pins for bank 2 are open. It is acting the same on all of the field modules. All channels on all boards work, I just can't get any to recognize bank 1 which is channels 1-32.
I have inspected the soldering and verified the parts and placement but all looks good. And since all are doing the same thing, it doesn't seem like a soldering problem.
I am using Vixen 2.0 and using the channel test.
Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Did you get it sorted out?

Still need help?

leroylee13
03-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes, with some help from members of this forum, I am able to access all channels. Thanks to all!

51fordf2
05-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes, with some help from members of this forum, I am able to access all channels. Thanks to all!

Can you tell us what you found out? I haven't been able to control with Vixen, but didn't try it as different modules, but will. But, would still like to find out what cured your problem...

Thanks!

Roger

leroylee13
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I ended up getting a modified code. I noticed recently that Firgod put hard addressed code for each channel at http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65640#post65640. Fixed my problem.

FireGod
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
The PIC reads the analog voltage on the four pins connected to the four shunts. The pin with the lowest voltage selects the module address. You can only check these voltages during the 8 second boot up time. The four pins are made to be inputs at this time. Once the 8 seconds pass, the pins go high to turn off the SSR. You will need to unplug the FM and plug it back in to get 8 more seconds to identify the problem.

Of course hard coding the PIC will fix it too.