PDA

View Full Version : File Library Valid Extensions / Categories

marx1
02-01-2009, 06:30 AM
As it is setup now, you can't upload .vix, .led, or .vsp files - maybe that should be added so users don't need to change file extensions?

Also under sequences, I think there should be a 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1 sub categories.

Macrosill
02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
As it is setup now, you can't upload .vix, .led, or .vsp files - maybe that should be added so users don't need to change file extensions?

I have made it so!

Also under sequences, I think there should be a 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1 sub categories.
As you wish!

Aurbo99
02-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Great new addition..

Thanks Brian and anyone else getting this section online for us.

One suggestion to the folks uploading the sequences, make sure you identify exactly which profile is related to the sequence.

Right now with only 1 sequence and 1 profile its pretty easy to figure out, once this thing starts filling up, its going to become difficult matching without some direction from the uploaded/author.

jrock64
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I am going to suggest that profiles must be flattened into sequences before uploading.
This would eliminate the profile file type on the file site.
Makes it much less confusing if everything is contained in only one file.

JOel

zaker
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
One suggestion to the folks uploading the sequences, make sure you identify exactly which profile is related to the sequence.

Right now with only 1 sequence and 1 profile its pretty easy to figure out, once this thing starts filling up, its going to become difficult matching without some direction from the uploaded/author.

I know most of us use profiles, but for sharing wouldn't it make it an easier download
if the profile is flattened into the sequence? All that would do is increase the sequence size.

Macrosill
02-01-2009, 11:48 AM
If that is the general consensus I am ok with it.

RichF
02-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I think if people share a seq based on a profile that the profile should be flattened into the sequence. I know it is hard to believe but people often name there profile the same or a common name and I downloaded a few to preview that the profile was named the same as someone else. For this reason I think when sharing a sequence the profile should be flattened in to the sequence and all plugins should be removed except for a preview.

marx1
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Sweet, Thanks - Now I'm off to upload my sequences for all to enjoy - I know I've used other peoples as basis for some of mine - hopefully someone will find mine useful.