PDA

View Full Version : Blank PCB Supplier

kychristmas
01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I am very new to Home Etching. Did a bit many years ago with the Rub-On stencils that RS used to sell, but nothing too complicated. With the DIYC stuff, I wanted to get back into it. Nothing too complicated, but I do want to be able to make my own configurations of SSRs.

I was trying to find a supplier for PCBs and came across a deal on eBay. I purchased a 20LB box from a guy on eBay. Box of Blank PCBs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310117921984) I purcahsed 20 LBS of misc boards shipped to the door for 30.50. While the pros may not find it useful, It was perfect for me. It was a hodge podge of various blank boards. Mostly Double-side ranging in thickness and size. There are over a 100 boards in the box and none of them is smaller than 20 Square Inches. At least 50 of them are 8x7 or bigger. With at least 20 of them 8x10.

Even if you don't find the misc. box useful, he has all kinds of boards and his shipping was amazing. I paid on Friday and received the box on Monday. This was a 20LB box shipped USPS Priority Mail for $10.

If you need Blank PCBs in a hurry, check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310117921984

dnesci
01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
This is the supplier that many are using for their copper. He carriers the 1 and 2 oz that we need for SSR work. You got a good deal as long as there is not too many of the 1/2 oz thin boards in the box.

kychristmas
01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
OK, sorry to post the duplicate. I don't think there are too many thin boards, but I actually want a few of those to use as faceplates.

Are all of the thin boards going to be 1/2 oz? I think those .090 boards are going to take a serious cutter to trim!.

dnesci
01-28-2009, 09:22 AM
OK, sorry to post the duplicate. I don't think there are too many thin boards, but I actually want a few of those to use as faceplates.

Are all of the thin boards going to be 1/2 oz? I think those .090 boards are going to take a serious cutter to trim!.

As a general rule, the thinner boards will have less copper, but this is not a steadfast rule. As for the thicker boards, I use both a hack saw and a band saw. They are pretty tough.

g2ktcf
01-28-2009, 09:37 AM
He also has a large selection of specific boards for sale at really good prices. I have all my 2 oz SSR copper clad at home now for $20.