PDA

View Full Version : DMX Data Send-Encoder-Transmitter

CodeDesigner
01-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Dear friends i searched in the forum but couldnt find any example pic assembly code about dmx data send. because if i can make my own dmxdata transmitter board i can control my christmas lighting system myself and i will not need any computer program and any usb interface .
i have 12 channel dmx512 receiver board and it is working good first i want to use it for test my christmas lighting. i use it with my computer program and enttec usb>dmx interface but i want to make my own dmx data sender board and i want to send data for 12 channel between 0-255.

i will no use any pot dimmer or button for data chose between 0-255 because i want to set data value in the code before i make it hex.because it is only for learn how to send data to receiver for example i can use like this;

movlw .50
movwf channel1

movlw .80
movwf channel2

movlw .100
movwf channel3
movlw .200
movwf channel12

how can i begin to make something about this :-?

CodeDesigner
01-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Edit

cbell
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I haven't done any DMX sending with the PIC yet, but I want to. While researching, I came across this document from Microchip. Perhaps it will help you. Unfortunately I don't remember where I found it, and a quick google search didn't turn it up either.

Edit:
It came from http://www.microchip.com/Stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en527825

P. Short
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Here is a little something that I did for use with a PIC12F629 for bit-banging out a short DMX packet. It's probably not all that useful, but it is one possible starting point. The other method that I've used is basically the one in that document that cbell pointed out. That code is in the firmware file that I uploaded yesterday, although it is a bit hard to isolate the specific DMX transmit code from everything else.

CodeDesigner
01-25-2009, 04:31 PM
@ P.Short

Dear Friend ; How is it possible to send dmx data with 12F series pic? because i read about dmx protocol and i saw that we need 250 kps and 20mhz osc. and i think it is not possible to send dmx data or not really dmx speed with 12f series pics;

we can design our own dmx data transmitter interface and control our christmas lightings

P. Short
01-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Look at the code and count instructions.